Steering Wheel misaligned?

Slow_1.5

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 civic si
I have a 2020 civic si and I just swapped out the the steering wheel for a 21 type r wheel. When I put the steering wheel back (with line marks) the wheel sat crooked to the left, I removed the steering again and moved it back a spline and now it sat crooked but to the right exact same spot if it was to the left but to the right. So again I took it off and moved it a spline and it went back to to the same spot crooked to the leftā€¦? . Also I just had my car aligned a month before
Sponsored

Doc_Mello

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yep, thatā€™s a known issue. Happened to me also. I suspect that there is no method of ā€˜aligningā€™ the toothed bushing to the wheel frame when itā€™s inserted; itā€™s just pressed in, and final straightening is done at the factory.

OP
OP
Slow_1.5

Slow_1.5

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 civic si
Yep, thatā€™s a known issue. Happened to me also. I suspect that there is no method of ā€˜aligningā€™ the toothed bushing to the wheel frame when itā€™s inserted; itā€™s just pressed in, and final straightening is done at the factory.
So yours is still off?

Doc_Mello

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So yours is still off?
Iā€™ve had it aligned, and it was fine. Itā€™s off again a bit, about one degree clockwise, but Iā€™ve made some suspension adjustments, so, Iā€™ll get it straightened again.
Sponsored