Starting issues 2017 civic ext

jdf2736

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic ext
Country flag
Last week went to leave work and car wouldn’t start. No light, no clicks, nothing. Got a jump and replaced the battery which made some sense as the battery was over 4 years old. After that car started fine, ran fine. Today remote started and right as the car started it turned back off. When I got in it started right up. Leaving work today and go to start it and it says to put the fob by the ignition. When I did that it started right up.
Any ideas on this all Happening at once. Could be coincidence but it just feels odd.
I’ve seen some threads on here that hit on some of these things but most say they keyless entry system error. I haven’t that yet.
Sponsored

calonzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Last week went to leave work and car wouldn’t start. No light, no clicks, nothing. Got a jump and replaced the battery which made some sense as the battery was over 4 years old. After that car started fine, ran fine. Today remote started and right as the car started it turned back off. When I got in it started right up. Leaving work today and go to start it and it says to put the fob by the ignition. When I did that it started right up.
Any ideas on this all Happening at once. Could be coincidence but it just feels odd.
I’ve seen some threads on here that hit on some of these things but most say they keyless entry system error. I haven’t that yet.
First thing to try is to replace the key fob battery.