Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si, 2006 Saab 9-3 Aero
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
*I edited the spelling errors, should have been top nut... Sorry always in a rush lol
Sponsored

partialprint

First Name
Partial
Threads
Reaction score
Website
music.apple.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
I'm getting my first upgrade parts this week!

PRL Cobra CAI (street) should be here tomorrow, and Whiteline rear sway bar (22mm), end links, and lowering springs should all be delivered Thursday. The car is completely stock right now besides a TSP Stage 1 tune.

I am both super excited for my first wrenching session on the SI I've had for almost 3 years, and terrified of either breaking something irreparably or getting stuck for the entire weekend doing something that should only take a couple of hours.

Anyone have any tips for installing these things? (Beyond watching a bunch of Youtube videos)
the intake is a pretty straight forward install just be careful with your air flow sensor and that should take a few hours I went under from the wheel well when getting the filter in and from the top for the rest of the piping ect . the sway bar isnt that bad either maybe an hour but some of the bolts in the back may be harder to remove without the proper strength

VF85

First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI
Country flag
Anyone have a good way to get the rear end jacked up? The jack points near the rear wheels are good for one wheel at a time, but theres nowhere to put a jackstand with the jack in the way. And im not seeing any jack points in the middle anywhere. Other threads reference a point in the middle just behind the bumper, but since the SI has a center exhaust, it is either not present or not accessible.
I was hoping to get the rear sway bar and springs on today but its not looking good so far!

fabrizzio71

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI Coupe White Orchid Pearl
Country flag
Anyone have a good way to get the rear end jacked up? The jack points near the rear wheels are good for one wheel at a time, but theres nowhere to put a jackstand with the jack in the way. And im not seeing any jack points in the middle anywhere. Other threads reference a point in the middle just behind the bumper, but since the SI has a center exhaust, it is either not present or not accessible.
I was hoping to get the rear sway bar and springs on today but its not looking good so far!
Honda Civic 10th gen Sport-injected... Build Thread 3F38ADD5-CAA8-477A-AE9C-EDA062DF6009

Next to driver’s side lower control arm in rear. Near exhaust as shown. Hope that helps!
Honda Civic 10th gen Sport-injected... Build Thread 3F38ADD5-CAA8-477A-AE9C-EDA062DF6009

OP
OP
Sport-injected

Sport-injected

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
3F38ADD5-CAA8-477A-AE9C-EDA062DF6009.jpeg

Next to driver’s side lower control arm in rear. Near exhaust as shown. Hope that helps!
3F38ADD5-CAA8-477A-AE9C-EDA062DF6009.jpeg
Second this, just make sure the jack pad is straddling that square tube so it doesn't slip off.

VF85

First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI
Country flag
Sweet. I saw those points but wasn't sure if they could bear that kind of direct load, and of course i didnt want to bend anything on my car that isn’t made to bend!

Intake went on easily yesterday btw. Sounds awesome!

OP
OP
Sport-injected

Sport-injected

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Sweet. I saw those points but wasn't sure if they could bear that kind of direct load, and of course i didnt want to bend anything on my car that isn’t made to bend!

Intake went on easily yesterday btw. Sounds awesome!
Nice!

VF85

First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI
Country flag
Holy crap, that sucked. I need a friend with a garage and lift.
I took some in-progress and after pics. Does this look right? The first two pictures are while the car is lifted and nothing has been screwed all the way in and torqued down. The second two pictures are with the car on ramps so I could load the suspension and torque things down to spec.
Honda Civic 10th gen Sport-injected... Build Thread D78519A2-FF8A-4A1E-BA54-D07BC74CEE56
Honda Civic 10th gen Sport-injected... Build Thread 2BAE5024-370F-4BE6-99A9-98B16E56904A
Honda Civic 10th gen Sport-injected... Build Thread 09E9B428-FC1E-4743-BB95-F70D88334A57
Honda Civic 10th gen Sport-injected... Build Thread 82A578BA-3DF4-421F-9C49-FEA82BF60F2A

A couple things. The Whiteline sway links came with 8 washers, 4 more traditional looking washers and 4 bigger/thicker ones with bigger holes in the middle. The instructions weren’t super clear on what to do with the bigger ones. You can see I used the other washers for the end link studs. The other thing I'm wondering about is if i need to tighten the locking nuts on the bottom half of the links. I tightened them finger tight but Im not sure how i would get in there to tighten much more.
Also, I didn’t use the Loctite I bought. I wasn’t sure if I was supposed to use them on every nut and bolt or just 2, plus I was running out of daylight.
All that said, is my car safe to drive, you think?

OP
OP
Sport-injected

Sport-injected

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Holy crap, that sucked. I need a friend with a garage and lift.
I took some in-progress and after pics. Does this look right? The first two pictures are while the car is lifted and nothing has been screwed all the way in and torqued down. The second two pictures are with the car on ramps so I could load the suspension and torque things down to spec.
D78519A2-FF8A-4A1E-BA54-D07BC74CEE56.jpeg
2BAE5024-370F-4BE6-99A9-98B16E56904A.jpeg
09E9B428-FC1E-4743-BB95-F70D88334A57.jpeg
82A578BA-3DF4-421F-9C49-FEA82BF60F2A.jpeg

A couple things. The Whiteline sway links came with 8 washers, 4 more traditional looking washers and 4 bigger/thicker ones with bigger holes in the middle. The instructions weren’t super clear on what to do with the bigger ones. You can see I used the other washers for the end link studs. The other thing I'm wondering about is if i need to tighten the locking nuts on the bottom half of the links. I tightened them finger tight but Im not sure how i would get in there to tighten much more.
Also, I didn’t use the Loctite I bought. I wasn’t sure if I was supposed to use them on every nut and bolt or just 2, plus I was running out of daylight.
All that said, is my car safe to drive, you think?
The thick plastic washer go on either side of the end link in the control arm to keep it centered on the sleeve. You should have them installed to have the end link do it job properly, but you can drive without them temporarily. All looks good from what I see otherwise. Just check the tightness of the end link after a week or so to make sure nothing loosened up. The metal washer a look to be used properly, on either side of the bar between the link itself and the nut.

VF85

First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI
Country flag
The thick plastic washer go on either side of the end link in the control arm to keep it centered on the sleeve. You should have them installed to have the end link do it job properly, but you can drive without them temporarily. All looks good from what I see otherwise. Just check the tightness of the end link after a week or so to make sure nothing loosened up. The metal washer a look to be used properly, on either side of the bar between the link itself and the nut.
Honda Civic 10th gen Sport-injected... Build Thread image

I didn’t have any plastic ones. I had these, which are definitely metal. Ugly quarter for scale. Same function?

OP
OP
Sport-injected

Sport-injected

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
image.jpg

I didn’t have any plastic ones. I had these, which are definitely metal. Ugly quarter for scale. Same function?
[/QUOT

Used I'm same location, the ones I got a couple years back were plastic, glad to see they upgraded to metal. The sleeve that goes through the end link section that bolts in the control arm is what these go on, both sides of the link to keep it centered.

partialprint

First Name
Partial
Threads
Reaction score
Website
music.apple.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I never used washers with my accord endlinks and whiteline bar. interesting

OP
OP
Sport-injected

Sport-injected

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I never used washers with my accord endlinks and whiteline bar. interesting
I don't think I did with the accord endlinks, but I used what came with the whitleline.

partialprint

First Name
Partial
Threads
Reaction score
Website
music.apple.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
ok cus I was like my bar never came with that but I only bought the bar and not whitelines links

OP
OP
Sport-injected

Sport-injected

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Scooped up these function and form from swaybar endlinks from MAPerformance on sale for $75 from $125. 7.5" length. I must say these feel robust! The whitleline endlinks I previously had were too long, the Eibach endlinks were long and the jam nuts stripped out. Currently using the ones that came with the silvers coilovers but don't like them much either. Will give these a try and hope they are easier to adjust and hold the settings.

Honda Civic 10th gen Sport-injected... Build Thread 20230330_201014
Sponsored