2018Si_NY

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 si
Country flag
That's pretty decent, plan on running that consistently, or keeping it on 93 for the most part? Also, how are your tires holding up? lol
I plan on running e30 most the time over where Iā€™m living for the summer they only have 91 and then eth so yeah and tires are alright I have absolutely no control turning while trying to accelerate out a corner complete understeer

SonicBreezerST160

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Sonic Gray Pearl ST Hatchback
Country flag
Thatā€™s the goal to be able to destroy a stock type r with the si having put less money into it than having it bought a type r
Well, maybe on rolling pulls, or the dragstrip, but the 'R' really wasn't built for either of those things, but for the twistys, and it will still leave your Si behind, even in its stock form.
Nice build though, I'm sure your car is fast!???

OP
OP
2018Si_NY

2018Si_NY

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 si
Country flag
I do still have the car just purchased oil pump gears, built block, arp headstuds, intentions of building the tranny with ppg gears and a port injection kit waiting on block to arrive and i will update this thread as it has been well over a year or so since i blew the engine lol

Ronny2019

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si Coupe
Country flag
I do still have the car just purchased oil pump gears, built block, arp headstuds, intentions of building the tranny with ppg gears and a port injection kit waiting on block to arrive and i will update this thread as it has been well over a year or so since i blew the engine lol
How did you blow it up? Were you in low rpms

madchiller

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
congrats on the built block purchase. i've been on the 2860gen2 for a lil over 2 years. the only issue i've come across since going big turbo was the ewg bracket breaking in 3 pieces. take care of her and she'll take care of you.

OP
OP
2018Si_NY

2018Si_NY

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 si
Country flag
congrats on the built block purchase. i've been on the 2860gen2 for a lil over 2 years. the only issue i've come across since going big turbo was the ewg bracket breaking in 3 pieces. take care of her and she'll take care of you.
for sure when i first got the car and started putting in the work i was driving it for work almost 1000 miles a week easily put 50k miles on within 1-2 years this time around i have a second vehicle so i can tow the car with me wherever i go for work haha

T.Silver

First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
At this point youā€™ve spent more than you would of buying a type r šŸ¤£šŸ¤£
He might be cutting it close coming in just under budget, the market is so crazy right now with prices...an Si with 90k miles is still going for near 27,000 grand. The CTR market is up there too, the ones that are decently priced are higher mileage and prob a little beat on.... 2018Si_NY and I have the same idea lol.... an engine swap would be cheaper at this point. oooh that'd be fun
2019 Honda Civic Si FWD - $26,807 - CarGurus
Now might be a great time for those who paid their 2017's off to trade up to an R. Kinda makes me wish I bought in earlier. Basically getting a free car for a few years at the time you drive it off the lot
Sponsored