Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si, 2006 Saab 9-3 Aero
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Hawk DTC-30 pads for the wilwood superlite calipers. These are a street/track pad with a wide temp range, more geared for track but a low enough temp to use on the street.

Honda Civic 10th gen Sport-injected... Build Thread 20220513_162335

Honda Civic 10th gen Sport-injected... Build Thread 20220513_162340

Honda Civic 10th gen Sport-injected... Build Thread Screenshot_20220513-163101_Chrome

Jes_si562

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si. 1990 Honda civic w d16z6 swap (sold) 2019 Honda Civic Hatchback sport(wifes)
Country flag
Hey man i need some insights on what suspension parts would improve drivablity the most, since you do have everything i would like to ask of you dont mind answering.

OP
OP
Sport-injected

Sport-injected

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Hey man i need some insights on what suspension parts would improve drivablity the most, since you do have everything i would like to ask of you dont mind answering.
What is your goal? Track, back roads ripping, just show? All depends on what you want to achieve. And what do you mean by drivability? Comfort, or aggresive handling. I'll gladly give you my thoughts just need to know that Info.

Also what is your setup currently?

OP
OP
Sport-injected

Sport-injected

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Installed the front silvers coilovers this morning, taking a lunch break then will get the rear finished up. I recorded the install with my GoPro, will post the video once edited to my YouTube.

Honda Civic 10th gen Sport-injected... Build Thread 20220514_113626-01

Jes_si562

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si. 1990 Honda civic w d16z6 swap (sold) 2019 Honda Civic Hatchback sport(wifes)
Country flag
What is your goal? Track, back roads ripping, just show? All depends on what you want to achieve. And what do you mean by drivability? Comfort, or aggresive handling. I'll gladly give you my thoughts just need to know that Info.

Also what is your setup currently?
For back road ripping mostly, i do want something agressive but not to harsh. Im looking to possibly get both comfront and snappines. Ik you have switch out certain bushings thats what im really interested in. The rear trailing arm mostly idk if you have switch it. Im pretty much on swift springs only. My next move would be Alk, sway bars, and possibly coilovers .

OP
OP
Sport-injected

Sport-injected

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
For back road ripping mostly, i do want something agressive but not to harsh. Im looking to possibly get both comfront and snappines. Ik you have switch out certain bushings thats what im really interested in. The rear trailing arm mostly idk if you have switch it. Im pretty much on swift springs only. My next move would be Alk, sway bars, and possibly coilovers .
Def rear sway bar should be your next move, the bigger sway bar you get the more you will feel the difference. I've only tried the whiteline 26mm and I currently have the rv6. Rear sway bar made a huge improvement. The ALK also made a very noticable difference.

I would start with those 2 upgrades and then see how you like the feeling of the car. If you get used to how that feels quickly then you can decide on doing bushing or going for coilovers, also the rear toe/camber arms from RV6, and the skunk upper camber arms eliminated some of the stock components with rubber bushings so that really made the back end feel. Nice and solid.

Coilovers give you more adjustability. it also come with some headaches, more noise more movable parts that can loosen up and drive you nuts. But ultimately you can adjust to your liking and when the dampening is turned up you can really make the car stiff and handle like it is on rails.

Well hopefully this helps you out, I would keep it simple first, sway bar and ALK. If that's not enough then decide on your next move.

Good luck!

Scott

Last edited:

Jes_si562

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Def rear sway bar should be your next move, the bigger sway bar you get the more you will feel the difference. I've only tried the whiteline 26mm and I currently have the rv6. Rear sway bar made a huge improvement. The ALK also made a very noticable difference.

I would start with those 2 upgrades and then see how you like the feeling of the car. If you get used to how that feels quickly then you can decide on doing bushing or going for coilovers, also the rear toe/camber arms from RV6, and the skunk upper camber arms eliminated some of the stock components with rubber bushings so that really made the back end feel. Nice and solid.

Coilovers give you more adjustability. it also come with some headaches, more noise more movable parts that can loosen up and drive you nuts. But ultimately you can adjust to your liking and when the dampening is turned up you can really make the car stiff and handle like it is on rails.

Well hopefully this helps you out, I would keep it simple first, sway bar and ALK. If that's not enough then decide on your next move.

Good luck!

Scott
Thanks man for the input! thats gonna be my next 2 things forsure

OP
OP
Sport-injected

Sport-injected

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Thanks man for the input! thats gonna be my next 2 things forsure
That should keep you satisfied for a while, it will change the way the car feels.

OP
OP
Sport-injected

Sport-injected

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
The Si sitting nice after dialing in the ride height to 25" at each corner.

Honda Civic 10th gen Sport-injected... Build Thread 20220522_131324-01

Honda Civic 10th gen Sport-injected... Build Thread 20220522_131312-01

Honda Civic 10th gen Sport-injected... Build Thread 20220522_131259-01

Honda Civic 10th gen Sport-injected... Build Thread 20220522_131242-01

OP
OP
Sport-injected

Sport-injected

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
This entire thread is about me preparing for the track, at the start I didn't know when it would happen or where it would happen. It all came together for my this year and couldn't have been a better location or with a better coach. Watkins Glen wasn't even a though in my mind for my first time on track, but I wouldn't have wanted it any other way. I cannot wait to pick up where I left off. In the meantime my coach sent me this awesome photo of my car at turn #7 to keep my memory fresh.

June 26th I will be going to English town raceway park to drive their small track, and what's even cooler is my girlfriend (who never had any interest in cars) liked the experience of Watkins Glen so much she is signing up for the 1 day track school at EnglishTown as well in her 2020 VW GLI.

Honda Civic 10th gen Sport-injected... Build Thread 20220527_160516-01

Last edited:
OP
OP
Sport-injected

Sport-injected

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Turbo #3 on its way. Vargus GC turbo. Since I only plan to run 93 this turbo looks to check all of the boxes, lower rpm boost, more response and excellent hp and torque #s.

Very excited for this one, have been waiting since March when I initially placed my order but it finally shipped.

I have the PRL turbo blanket at home waiting for this turbo
Will be using John Vega @phearable again for the tune.

OP
OP
Sport-injected

Sport-injected

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Just received the white line front control arm bushing upgrade, this is for the front bushing to replace the sloppy rubber with poly. Ideally I would get the RV6 spherical bushing upgrade but might be rough for my daily. These should be a noticable improvement.

Attachments

OP
OP
Sport-injected

Sport-injected

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Latest list of my upgrades on deck

-@VargasTurboTech GC turbo
-wilwood 6 pot BBK
-whiteline poly control arm bushing
-new battery
-kzcmc-on deck for over a year now, saving for when my oem cmc goes
-oem slave cylinder, my original one still on car looks to have leaked at some point.
Sponsored