lil.boycey

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback RS
Country flag
I did a search and I am fairly sure this thread hasn't been opened before...

I own a 2019 Honda Civic Hatch RS (Australian version of the SI, slightly less powerful) and I am looking to upgrade the audio system. At the moment the budget is fairly small ($100-200), with the main issues being a very weak subwoofer in the boot, and rattling/poor sound quality from the front door floor speakers (6.5" I believe).

Within that price range, I understand that the subwoofer is most likely not a realistic upgrade at this current stage. If I keep the head unit as the stock factory radio, what would be the best speakers to buy to replace the front door floor speakers? Obviously bass is the priority as midrange is quite a nice bright sound, looking for a frequency range with a low end of less than 50 Hz ideally.
Sponsored

integra15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
To be honest your budget is not high enough to make too much a difference. I have a set of Focal ISS 165 speakers in front. They fit well and they sound is better. However you really need an amp to make them sound best.

OP
OP

lil.boycey

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
To be honest your budget is not high enough to make too much a difference. I have a set of Focal ISS 165 speakers in front. They fit well and they sound is better. However you really need an amp to make them sound best.
Thankyou! I've seen a few responses on another forum indicating much the same ie. save up and buy an amp w/ subwoofer case to get any good sound, then build up from there.

integra15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
The least expensive upgrade you can get would be one of those under- seat subwoofer+amp combos. But if you're like everybody else eventually you'll want more and more. haha

OP
OP

lil.boycey

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
The least expensive upgrade you can get would be one of those under- seat subwoofer+amp combos. But if you're like everybody else eventually you'll want more and more. haha
Haha yes I am sure that I will continue to upgrade the system over the next many years. As a bit of a query, if I chose to put in an under seat subwoofer, or perhaps even a subwoofer case in the back, is there an advantage in leaving the factory subwoofer (provides almost sound, found in the back right corner wall) in place, or should it be disconnected and removed?

NonyaBisness

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Country flag
rattling in your door speakers is typically a sign you just went into your headunit and cranked the bass way up (this is how my car was when I got it because she, the previous owner, really wanted a subwoofer but to do it right was too much money for them to spend at the time) turn your bass down and let the subwoofer level control how much bass you have, I believe the factor sub cars have a separate subwoofer level from what i've seen of menu screens.

OP
OP

lil.boycey

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
rattling in your door speakers is typically a sign you just went into your headunit and cranked the bass way up (this is how my car was when I got it because she, the previous owner, really wanted a subwoofer but to do it right was too much money for them to spend at the time) turn your bass down and let the subwoofer level control how much bass you have, I believe the factor sub cars have a separate subwoofer level from what i've seen of menu screens.
Haha you are spot on! I had both bass and subwoofer boosted to max, having turned down mids and trebles in attempt to get a bass jump sound. Thanks for that, I'll definitely bring the bass down.

Badigadi

First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
Do you have the factory Android Headunit? If so you can try disabling the factory equalization and set it to "DSP Flat" then with Viper4Android set your own equalization. IMO that makes quite a difference and it's not expensive.

Your budget is on the lower side, just my amp was $145, the a set of components was on sale for $99, I'm still missing a subwoofer and the ones I'm looking for are around $150, then I need a sub box... Yeah, it scales up
Sponsored