Klamkhowder

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic EX Hatch
Country flag
I’ve been searching for info on the crossovers on the EX Hatch for days, so thank you for this post. I installed Infinity Reference component speakers in my front doors and am planning to add an amp and do the rear door speakers as well. If I’m following what you’re saying, both the tweeter and woofer are receiving a full range signal? Sounds like I screwed up by not using the Infinity crossover in front of the tweeter, just didn’t know how to install it with the two sets of wires coming through the door.
Yeah that was my understanding. If you look at the woofer and tweeter wires for each door they are the same color which sort of implies that at some point after the headunit they got spliced from the same source, since i think every wire that comes out of that particular head unit plug is a different color.
Sponsored

Ksthomas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatch EX
Country flag
Yeah that was my understanding. If you look at the woofer and tweeter wires for each door they are the same color which sort of implies that at some point after the headunit they got spliced from the same source, since i think every wire that comes out of that particular head unit plug is a different color.
Appreciate the reply. Presumably that means an aftermarket crossover could just be hooked up to either the woofer or tweeter incoming wires and still receive the full load if the other set is disconnected. I’ll give it a go and see how it works.

Mlock757

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda civic sport sedan
Country flag
I got two 12's in the trunk and an amp drilled into my back seat.... Looking to get my capacitor installed soon..... It's loud as hell.....
Sponsored