civvie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
I think they should just make the Si in all 3 body types. And if they make it in hatchback form, it should be in addition to the sedan and coupe, not instead of either of the other two. But this is speaking from an American's perspective of course :)
Sponsored

randY49

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.thetailpipe.com
Vehicle(s)
1988 CRX Si, 2015 Civic Si
Country flag
I think they should just make the Si in all 3 body types. And if they make it in hatchback form, it should be in addition to the sedan and coupe, not instead of either of the other two. But this is speaking from an American's perspective of course :)
Something I've been thinking about a little more. Would it make sense to have both sedan AND hatch Si, being as they both have four usable doors? The hatch would offer more versatility and compete more closely with competitors Focus ST and GTI. Maybe we see coupe and hatch Si versions? :dunno:

G26okie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Accord EX-L V6 Sedan
Something I've been thinking about a little more. Would it make sense to have both sedan AND hatch Si, being as they both have four usable doors? The hatch would offer more versatility and compete more closely with competitors Focus ST and GTI. Maybe we see coupe and hatch Si versions? :dunno:
From what I've heard the Si sedan outsells the coupe quite a bit. That combined with the bomb that was the other hatchback Si 2000s, I doubt they will make the Si coupe/hatch only. Not to mention the wording on Honda's website has the sedan then the coupe and then the Si being released, before the hatchback.

hothatchi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Golf Mark5
That's a good point about the timing of the releases. If the hatchback is being revealed last, unless they choose to withhold any info on a Si hatchback, it looks like that aint happening. It's a shame because I think that would be a big seller. I'd buy one at least.

C Note

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
--
That's a good point about the timing of the releases. If the hatchback is being revealed last, unless they choose to withhold any info on a Si hatchback, it looks like that aint happening. It's a shame because I think that would be a big seller. I'd buy one at least.
Why not? Why can't they release an Si hatchback last when the hatchback is finally out?

Sure the Si specs would have already been revealed for the coupe and/or sedan by then, but that's not reason by itself not to release an Si hatchback.

Izze

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ILX
Hatchbacks seem to be much more popular than before in N American now. I think the premium brands going to fastback designs for their sedans probably helped anything with a hatch shed the econocrapbox image here. So maybe hatchbacks are now compelling enough for Honda to consider an Si model here too.

10thG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic
Based on the wording on Honda's website "This fall, the Sedan—later followed by a Coupe, an Si, a 5-door model, and a new Civic Type R"

That leads me to believe the Si will be a sedan/coupe only and the type R might be the 5 door.
If you are really reading into the wording on Honda's site and taking it literally, then the 5 door would seem apart from both the Si and the Type R which we know is not the case. Perhaps the 5-door is going to be a "standard" body style and the Si and Type R will come in whatever (yet unconfirmed) flavors. Just a thought.

HondaPro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EXT Civic & 2017 Civic ExT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I think the Si will be offered in coupe and sedan only with rear and front bumper refreshes. Cant wait to buy one.. Honda Rocks..
Sponsored