Shop for rigid collar install in Norcal

pinhead66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan, 2018 Odyssey EX-L
Country flag
Which shop did you use to install your subframe collars? I’m located in the north bay and probably would go to hybrid works in Vallejo to get the job done but wanted to hear any other recommendations.
Sponsored

plresultsman

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R - New to me on 3/13/2023
Country flag
What is the benefit? Rough cost?

OP
OP
pinhead66

pinhead66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
What is the benefit? Rough cost?
Mainly to center your subframe for even side to side alignment and to get rid of the slop in the holes where the bolts attaches the subframe to the chassis. Supposed to provide a better ride and some handling benefits. Do a search here or the internet for more details.

plresultsman

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R - New to me on 3/13/2023
Country flag
Mainly to center your subframe for even side to side alignment and to get rid of the slop in the holes where the bolts attaches the subframe to the chassis. Supposed to provide a better ride and some handling benefits. Do a search here or the internet for more details.
Thank you!

Robot3RK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport CVT
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I'm more in the South Bay of the Bay Area. My go to performance and suspension mod shop used to be Tech3 Automotive Performance but they stopped operating during weekends so I tried out The Driveway instead. Both shops are located in San Jose and do the work good and provide fair prices. I have not done a rigid collar upgrade from either of them before but I am sure they can do it for you if you let them know about it. If you are using this upgrade to prevent sloppy steering effects from bumps, it might be better to get the Zero Bump Steer kit instead including most importantly the upgraded steering rods. But if you have the money, it might be better to do it all in one go honestly.

OP
OP
pinhead66

pinhead66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Haven’t installed yet but I will most likely go to Elite Performance in Burlingame when I find the time. Quoted me like $300 including alignment which sounds very reasonable. They seem to specialize in S2K and BRZ/86 platforms and do a lot of track work.

Steeda21

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EX-T
Country flag
https://norcalchassisworks.com/

I just got my Magic Collars through them. Looks like a reputable place to check out. I am in Manteca and ive been having a hell of a time finding a good alignment shop

OP
OP
pinhead66

pinhead66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
https://norcalchassisworks.com/

I just got my Magic Collars through them. Looks like a reputable place to check out. I am in Manteca and ive been having a hell of a time finding a good alignment shop
Nice find! Thanks for sharing. Their shop is in Fairfield which isn't too far from where I am. I'll contact them too.

OP
OP
pinhead66

pinhead66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Nice find! Thanks for sharing. Their shop is in Fairfield which isn't too far from where I am. I'll contact them too.
I emailed them and they quoted me $750-$1000 for install and alignment.

Steeda21

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EX-T
Country flag
Ouch. Everything is so expensive. Ugh

I just realized that I did not mention that I only ordered the Magic Rigid Collars through them. I debated getting a quote but my buddy said he’d help me

Yooribee

First Name
Benjamin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
Haven’t installed yet but I will most likely go to Elite Performance in Burlingame when I find the time. Quoted me like $300 including alignment which sounds very reasonable. They seem to specialize in S2K and BRZ/86 platforms and do a lot of track work.
I can vouch for Elite Performance, great people there. When I owned my MK6 GTI they were a great help with my alignment and other needs for that platform. I plan to take my Si there when I start extensive modifications, especially with fine-tuning handling/alignment needs.
Sponsored