Shop To Install Lowering Springs

LampRod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Anyone know of a good shop in the SoCal area (LA) that has installed lowering springs on 10th Gen Civics? Been looking around but haven't found many shops that do Honda performance stuff. Going to call a few shops and get quotes/see if they will do it, might as well get some input or recommendations from people who have done it already. Thanks
Sponsored

MarshX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX-T Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Anyone know of a good shop in the SoCal area (LA) that has installed lowering springs on 10th Gen Civics? Been looking around but haven't found many shops that do Honda performance stuff. Going to call a few shops and get quotes/see if they will do it, might as well get some input or recommendations from people who have done it already. Thanks
SoCal Accessories is one I know. Haven’t personally gone there but they get a ton of people with 10th gens

gdagreat

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 civic ex hatchback
Country flag
yes socal acc. in Montclair. they sell springs and i believe they charge 200 for install

OP
OP
LampRod

LampRod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Thanks I haven't heard of them before, ill look into it some more, I just want a reputable shop a lot of places around here don't keep promises or half ass the job.

PiYauD

First Name
Saha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si LSM
Country flag
Chewerks in city of industry can install springs, not sure how much though, I mainly go there for track alignments

OP
OP
LampRod

LampRod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Chewerks in city of industry can install springs, not sure how much though, I mainly go there for track alignments
Ill check them out too, I recently saw art of attack is a sponsor on the forums and they also do performance stuff for a lot of JDM cars. Ill hit them up for a quote as well.

_1slowsi_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23' Si
Country flag
the rears are super easy! haven't had time to install the fronts yet. i did get a quote from a shop $480 bucks :doh: i honestly rather buy a couple of cases of brew & food for my buddies and myself rather then spend that much. it will definitely be time consuming & a learning experience,but if you got the $$$ to spend then go for it. thats just my .02 :thumbsup:

OP
OP
LampRod

LampRod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
$480 is way to expensive, from what ive heard it should cost around $200 for a shop to do it.

OP
OP
LampRod

LampRod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I was originally going to try it myself but I don't have the tools or knowledge. My friend who has done springs before recommended that I take it to a shop because its kinda a hassle to do it yourself. Most of my friends aren't car people either but with some help and a YouTube tutorial it seems pretty straightforward. I wouldn't mind trying it myself but I don't have much time these days and really don't want to leave the job half done. It took my friend and I about 4 hours to install my CAI, mainly due to the one bolt that sits right at the bottom. Most people take out the undersheilding of the car but we did not trust the jack to raise the car up high enough. I just got frustrated and ended up just tugging on it till the plastic bracket snapped. We also snapped a screw and lost the nut that holds the ground wire to the battery. With lowering springs being more complicated I expect it to go the same way so I much rather have a shop do it.

_1slowsi_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23' Si
Country flag
I was originally going to try it myself but I don't have the tools or knowledge. My friend who has done springs before recommended that I take it to a shop because its kinda a hassle to do it yourself. Most of my friends aren't car people either but with some help and a YouTube tutorial it seems pretty straightforward. I wouldn't mind trying it myself but I don't have much time these days and really don't want to leave the job half done. It took my friend and I about 4 hours to install my CAI, mainly due to the one bolt that sits right at the bottom. Most people take out the undersheilding of the car but we did not trust the jack to raise the car up high enough. I just got frustrated and ended up just tugging on it till the plastic bracket snapped. We also snapped a screw and lost the nut that holds the ground wire to the battery. With lowering springs being more complicated I expect it to go the same way so I much rather have a shop do it.
luckily he went with coil overs ! which means i can install my lowering springs on his old struts! that just saved us some time! hopefully i can install this coming weekend!

CHiNG818

First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
Evasive Motorsports have done all my work and are the best for me as far as suspension mods go. In a youtube video of theirs of a type r wing they promote you can see my sgp type r getting work done in the back. lol
Sponsored