Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
It's nice that the upper models of the sedan come with a lip spoiler but it's so small. The car definitely would look better with something bigger. Not a wing, just something more prominent.

I know there are some options out there but removing the existing spoiler is a royal pain in the ass. So I had an idea and hopefully some spoiler manufacturers are listening...

I seems to me a larger (taller and wider) lip spoiler could be designed that covers the existing spoiler and uses it for support. And it could be attached with 3M tape. I think it would sell too because most people don't want to drill their decklid or fool with removing the factory one.

The spoiler on my Forte SX used 3M tape and it was solidly on there for over 7 years.
Sponsored

ferdinand

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring, 2019 BMW X2 M35i
Country flag
It's nice that the upper models of the sedan come with a lip spoiler but it's so small. The car definitely would look better with something bigger. Not a wing, just something more prominent.

I know there are some options out there but removing the existing spoiler is a royal pain in the ass. So I had an idea and hopefully some spoiler manufacturers are listening...

I seems to me a larger (taller and wider) lip spoiler could be designed that covers the existing spoiler and uses it for support. And it could be attached with 3M tape. I think it would sell too because most people don't want to drill their decklid or fool with removing the factory one.

The spoiler on my Forte SX used 3M tape and it was solidly on there for over 7 years.

Agree 100% re: existing spoiler install options...I wanted the Sirimoto, but can't quite figure how to keep rain and melted snow from dripping into the trunk...looking flush and being flush enough to be water proof are two completely different things....

Mikeguyver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 civic ex
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen Sedan lip spoiler idea HTB1YRNtXM2DK1JjSZFOq6ybwFXa4
I ordered this tail light bar from AliExpress for $358 shipped. Adds style and function.

relentlessX

First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX Sedan
I agree. I went with the decklid spoiler from ebay. Its held on by double sided tape. It's been on since October and it hasn't budged.

Honda Civic 10th gen Sedan lip spoiler idea 1 Honda Civic 10th gen Sedan lip spoiler idea IMG_4051 Honda Civic 10th gen Sedan lip spoiler idea 2

Luca

First Name
Luca
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Crz 2012 Civic sedan 2017
Ciao from Italy.
For my sedan I bought this spoiler on aliexpress ...

Di alta qualità ABS MC stile spoiler per Honda Civic 10th Sedan 2016 2017 1 pz
http://s.aliexpress.com/vQveiYnY?fromSns=Copy to Clipboard
(from AliExpress Android)

Honda Civic 10th gen Sedan lip spoiler idea IMG_20171230_172042

Honda Civic 10th gen Sedan lip spoiler idea IMG_20171230_172050

Honda Civic 10th gen Sedan lip spoiler idea IMG_20171230_211515

Honda Civic 10th gen Sedan lip spoiler idea IMG_20171230_211521