Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Could be worse, though...

Honda Civic 10th gen Sedan Insurance vs Coupe Insurance 9k5lpu

The f**k, Detroit?...
It's cause of high theft I believe, since Detroit is so corrupt.

As for the $2000/year insurance, if you are under 25 you are pretty much screwed if you want to pay less. I started out at $2700/year when I got my first car a year and a half ago. It was way cheaper when I had a Chevy, but having a Honda is expensive here.
Sponsored

LX16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic coupe lx
Could be worse, though...

Honda Civic 10th gen Sedan Insurance vs Coupe Insurance 9k5lpu

The f**k, Detroit?...
I hope they have good deals on Astroglide there, gonna be alot of people who need it.

Seriously though, why would anyone pay that much? That's 1/3 to 1/4 the total price of the average new car. Location or not, that's about as stupid as can be. It would be alot cheaper in the long run to just move. I mean, that's 10 times what I pay for full coverage on BOTH of our vehicles. No way. People would be ice skating in Hell first.

xcivicx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 SI coupe in black
Country flag
i found way too late that, for me with merc.ins, in cali, don't over state your annual miles. it'll cost you more.

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It's cause of high theft I believe, since Detroit is so corrupt.

As for the $2000/year insurance, if you are under 25 you are pretty much screwed if you want to pay less. I started out at $2700/year when I got my first car a year and a half ago. It was way cheaper when I had a Chevy, but having a Honda is expensive here.
Another reason to avoid living in Detroit...agreed about the <25, and with a new car too obviously underwriters have to assume a certain amount of risk with a younger driver. Interesting that Hondas are more to insure though - I always thought it was more about class of car vs. brand.

I hope they have good deals on Astroglide there, gonna be alot of people who need it.

Seriously though, why would anyone pay that much? That's 1/3 to 1/4 the total price of the average new car. Location or not, that's about as stupid as can be. It would be alot cheaper in the long run to just move. I mean, that's 10 times what I pay for full coverage on BOTH of our vehicles. No way. People would be ice skating in Hell first.
Re: Astroglide - I think there's a 55-gallon drum on Amazon? I think they'll need that, not the travel sized one.

I can imagine that it would be an absolute nightmare to get in an accident in Detroit. Michigan is a no-fault state, and over 50% of drivers don't have insurance in Detroit. I can see why.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring. 2008 Odyssey
Wow. I live in Mass and we used to be commerce but switched to GEICO when we moved out of state for two years. I stayed with them because they are more than twice as less expensive than everyone else, as best as apples to apples comparison as I could do. I checked with 5 other companies.

I am late 30's with no incidents for 10 years. My wife is also late 30's with zero incidents. we have the most insurance you can buy because of an umbrella policy. She has an '07 minivan. I went from an '08 Civic to a '16 civic touring and my insurance went down. We pay about $86 a month (including the $5 monthly fee) for both cars ($44/mth per car or $516 for 6 months for both). it's actually gone down twice at the 6 month interval in the past but just went up from $81 (to $86) because of MA insurance hikes across the board. We have a $500 deductible and maxed out every area of coverage (rental, property, personal damage). We have multi car. The other companies told me to stay with GEICO until they jack up rates, if they do. They couldn't come close to their rates.

For the record GEICO was at least $2,500 more a year on homeowners insurance than their competition. Even with the bundle savings it was far more expensive.

I'm with them on car until they steer me wrong.

Civic_Honey627

Can't hide from the cops in this one!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-L Coupe Energy Green!!!
Country flag
Wow. I live in Mass and we used to be commerce but switched to GEICO when we moved out of state for two years. I stayed with them because they are more than twice as less expensive than everyone else, as best as apples to apples comparison as I could do. I checked with 5 other companies.

I am late 30's with no incidents for 10 years. My wife is also late 30's with zero incidents. we have the most insurance you can buy because of an umbrella policy. She has an '07 minivan. I went from an '08 Civic to a '16 civic touring and my insurance went down. We pay about $86 a month (including the $5 monthly fee) for both cars ($44/mth per car or $516 for 6 months for both). it's actually gone down twice at the 6 month interval in the past but just went up from $81 (to $86) because of MA insurance hikes across the board. We have a $500 deductible and maxed out every area of coverage (rental, property, personal damage). We have multi car. The other companies told me to stay with GEICO until they jack up rates, if they do. They couldn't come close to their rates.

For the record GEICO was at least $2,500 more a year on homeowners insurance than their competition. Even with the bundle savings it was far more expensive.

I'm with them on car until they steer me wrong.
Totally agree with Geico being cheaper for auto but they were outrageous for renter's insurance and I'm in a good neighborhood. I tried to bundle but it was still expensive, I ended up going with State Farm for rental insurance.

Chris G

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX, 2010 Toyota Prius
I insure through California Casualty. We also insure our home and two other cars with them (so we get some discounts for multi car and home). I have a high $1,000 deductible. No tickets or accidents in 20 years and have been with them the whole time. My 2016 civic cost $52 per month for full coverage insurance.

I've talked with other insurance, but it's at least double anywhere else.

Godkillah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Touring Aegean Blue
Take it! I have Geico too (over 10 yrs), I'm older than you and a female BUT I live in an area where the cost of living is HIGH. My 6 mo policy is $1091.11 and I have no accidents, moving violations etc. It's all about location, location, location.
You're getting ripped off I only was paying $740 in the bay area with Geico I switched to progressive and pay $570 every 6 months

That's with full coverage and pretty high liability insurance

OP
OP
deltarogue13

deltarogue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T Coupe MSM
So after finally purchasing my new Civic, I only found out that the quotes I was getting with Geico included both my old Civic and my new one lol So I am paying $54/month for my 1998 Civic Hatchback (which is now my backup car) and $82/month for my new 2016 Civic EX-T, making my 6 month premium $816. If I cut my 98 off my insurance my premium would go down to $492.

HondaPro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EXT Civic & 2017 Civic ExT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I pay $45 a month for a 16 EXT with $100 deductible including rental car... Full coverage Allied Insurance

Godkillah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Touring Aegean Blue
So after finally purchasing my new Civic, I only found out that the quotes I was getting with Geico included both my old Civic and my new one lol So I am paying $54/month for my 1998 Civic Hatchback (which is now my backup car) and $82/month for my new 2016 Civic EX-T, making my 6 month premium $816. If I cut my 98 off my insurance my premium would go down to $492.
Not true at all, they give you a discount when you own multiple cars and that goes away when you are only insuring one. you will still save money obviously but not as much as you think.

OP
OP
deltarogue13

deltarogue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T Coupe MSM
Not true at all, they give you a discount when you own multiple cars and that goes away when you are only insuring one. you will still save money obviously but not as much as you think.
Hmm I didn't know that. I figure I'm still getting a pretty decent deal from Geico for 2 cars, even though I'm only really driving one. Thanks for the info!

GAVZDAD

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
so say we all
I quoted both....$2 more every 6 months for a Coupe over Sedan.
Sponsored