2016 sedan for 2016 Coupe (help!)

Wyborowa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic coupe LX MT
Country flag
As anyone who can read my previous posts, its no surprise that I WANT THE DAM 2 DOOR CIVIC.

I was unable to wait for it to come out due to the timing of my accident.
I am going now to the place the dealership sold me my 2016 Civic LX with MANUEL tranny to see how much they can offer on a trade in..

I am thinking that If I do not get a good offer from the dealership for a trade in, I can probably list it in the paper for the price I paid but without the tax...

Any tips or suggestions much appreciated!
Sponsored

GoPackGo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Energy Green Coupe
How many miles are on it? Did you finance it? When did you buy it, you may be upside down on it if you have a loan, if so do you have the extra cash? No one will give you what you paid for it. It's now a used car.

OP
OP
Wyborowa

Wyborowa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic coupe LX MT
Country flag
How many miles are on it? Did you finance it? When did you buy it, you may be upside down on it if you have a loan, if so do you have the extra cash? No one will give you what you paid for it. It's now a used car.
Bought my civic in March. 2900 miles. Bought out right with cash.

GoPackGo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Energy Green Coupe
Good, you aren't upside down on a loan. But you'll definitely take a loss, whether you trade it in or sell it outright. You'll get more selling it yourself if you don't mind the hassle.

slowride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PMM Type-R
Country flag
As anyone who can read my previous posts, its no surprise that I WANT THE DAM 2 DOOR CIVIC.

I was unable to wait for it to come out due to the timing of my accident.
I am going now to the place the dealership sold me my 2016 Civic LX with MANUEL tranny to see how much they can offer on a trade in..

I am thinking that If I do not get a good offer from the dealership for a trade in, I can probably list it in the paper for the price I paid but without the tax...

Any tips or suggestions much appreciated!
You paid $18,200 and with tax in Buffalo I am assuming it was about $19,800 just for the car?

You are going to take an instant $1600 bath on the tax, and turn around and get hit again when you buy the coupe, right? The mass market typically avoids manuals, so the sale may not be easy, but at 2900 miles and the willingness for dealers to negotiate on a high volume car like the Civic, you will probably have a difficult time pulling $18,200 back out of it when MSRP is only a few hundred more. The manual may also hurt your trade value if the dealer wants to use that as a reason to low ball.

I missed your earlier thread: http://www.civicx.com/threads/need-help-fast-picking-up-2016-civic4dr-tomo-but.2554/#post-39690

In your situation, I would have absolutely purchased an inexpensive car or rented one from a long term program like Avis or Hertz, but obviously we are too late for that.

There is no way around it, you are going to lose money, but as previously stated a private party sale will secure the most value. The dealer *might* play ball with you on this if you are willing to buy another car from them, however. Be careful with how much you show your cards on "want" with this coupe...that is the worst enemy if you want a deal.

I lost $2500 once in an upside down deal and I vowed never to do that again...I can turn $2500 into much more with the proper investment and I know that now.

OP
OP
Wyborowa

Wyborowa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic coupe LX MT
Country flag
Yea, they only offered 15k! Lol. I am deff going to put it up for sale for about 17.5-17k.
I knew I was going to lose money... My hope was only a 2k loss, but 3k seems more likely..
The stock rims and upgraded suspension and the overall ride of the coupe is what I love the most about it.. The LX 4dr is waaaay too soft of a suspension.

Kokuryu2016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Coupe, 2016 HRV
Vehicle Showcase
Yea, they only offered 15k! Lol. I am deff going to put it up for sale for about 17.5-17k.
I knew I was going to lose money... My hope was only a 2k loss, but 3k seems more likely..
The stock rims and upgraded suspension and the overall ride of the coupe is what I love the most about it.. The LX 4dr is waaaay too soft of a suspension.
At this point if you are interested in the Si or a manual 1.5T it may be better to put it off just a little longer. Just incase you would like a manual with more options and more power. In any case, the coupe is a great car and I have to say a huge improvement over the previous civic coupes.

bigjee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Honda Civic
Did you pay MSRP or invoice pricing?
If you're closer to invoice then you can list your car at MSRP minus whatever miles you have and minimize your loss.

Gavnzdad

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Depends on how badly you want the Coupe. I got a little "upside down" on mine when I traded in my 15 sedan. Not enough for me to worry about though. I really wanted my Coupe, and I piss away more in a week at McDonald's than the difference is each month. It all comes down to you. Do I regret it? Hell no.

OP
OP
Wyborowa

Wyborowa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic coupe LX MT
Country flag
Did you pay MSRP or invoice pricing?
If you're closer to invoice then you can list your car at MSRP minus whatever miles you have and minimize your loss.
No. Paid 18,200...
Sponsored