Joeysho

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic
Country flag
Would this work with a CVT? if so would it even be worth it due to torque limitations?
Sponsored

OP
OP
RV6

RV6

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
rv6-p.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 CTR, 2023 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Would this work with a CVT? if so would it even be worth it due to torque limitations?
It would work on a CVT. We have quite a few customers running the original R365 on their CVTs. The most important part is having a good tuner that can limit torque in your tune.

LBP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Do we have any confirmation that the TSP OTS R365 tune works fine with the ball bearing version?

LBP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
So, I received my R365 RED on the 5th, and marked the weekend of the 20th to install it with a buddy, thinking I would get it in and done before my daughter was born...

Go figure that she's quicker than I am, and was delivered 4 weeks early on the 12th! Can't even be mad about it, and thankfully she is totally healthy.

Oh well, I'll get it installed... sometime. šŸ˜‚

LBP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Hoping to read some reviews soon.
With luck, I will be able to perform my R365 RED installation "Soonā„¢." I would be happy to give a write-up of my impressions. Since my time now comes at an ever-increasing premium, this install will be performed with TSP's OTS R365 tune, assuming that what I have been told about compatibility with the ball bearing R365 is true.

OP
OP
RV6

RV6

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
rv6-p.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 CTR, 2023 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So, I received my R365 RED on the 5th, and marked the weekend of the 20th to install it with a buddy, thinking I would get it in and done before my daughter was born...

Go figure that she's quicker than I am, and was delivered 4 weeks early on the 12th! Can't even be mad about it, and thankfully she is totally healthy.

Oh well, I'll get it installed... sometime. šŸ˜‚
Totally missed this post. Congratulations man! No rush. You have a whole new set of priorities now. We need to get some RV6 baby swagā€¦..

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20' si coupe
Country flag
Installed my r365 BB today and all i gotta say is wow! This thing is a beast. In town driving feels way less laggy and easier to get around, and when you are ready to get on it that spool is insane! 400rpm faster doesn't seem like much but holy shit what a difference from the standard r365, spool time feels more reminiscent of the stock turbo, but it pulls even harder than the r365 all the way to red line. Very impressed RV6 team!

LBP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Made time and installed my @RV6 R365 RED today. Took about 5 1/2 hours by myself, with the most difficult portion being the TIP (but isnā€™t it always?). I have a PRL TIP so I wasnā€™t going into that portion blind, but damn if it isnā€™t a bear every time.

Anyway, fitment was spot on, the included hardware and torque specs were very useful. Used Pennzoil UP 5w-30 and a Wix XP filter, primed the turbo after install, then flashed the TSP R365 tune and let it idle while checking for leaks of any kind. Once satisfied that I had no leaks, I went on a test drive.

Initial impressions are good! The spool is very similar to the stock turbo with TSP Stage 1 tune, but it definitely pulls harder and has a very strong push through redline. I was surprised by the drivability, since I was still expecting the usual big turbo lag. Instead this feels very stock in the response, but definitely stronger and surprisingly smooth. Ball bearings are definitely putting in the work. The @Two Step Performance R365 tune works a treat. Fuel trims are spot on and there is no unusual behavior, as expected of @D-RobIMW.

Iā€™ll be paying attention during my drives over the coming days and if there is a development Iā€™ll make another post. That said, I can highly recommend this turbo.

Now to spend time with my amazingly patient wife and our lovely newborn!

Ducota

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si 2021 Accord Sport 2.0 2015 FiT Sport
Country flag
This is almost essential for the TIP removal
https://www.ebay.com/itm/353866441218
What I actually used was rare earth magnets shoved down the barrel of the socket.
5 minute removal of all the bolts. First time around I think it was like 20 minutes each.

Reactions: LBP

LBP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
This is almost essential for the TIP removal
https://www.ebay.com/itm/353866441218
What I actually used was rare earth magnets shoved down the barrel of the socket.
5 minute removal of all the bolts. First time around I think it was like 20 minutes each.
I have a telescoping, flexible magnet wand that helps immensely. Locating the fasteners and getting my socket to them is beast unto itself however.

Ducota

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si 2021 Accord Sport 2.0 2015 FiT Sport
Country flag
I have a telescoping, flexible magnet wand that helps immensely. Locating the fasteners and getting my socket to them is beast unto itself however.
Yup sometimes smallish hands come in handy. šŸ˜œ
Sponsored