First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I was thinking that I could ask Derek to create multiple maps so I could have conservative power numbers on map 1 or 2. I would like to keep the rods alive a little longer. It’s hard for me to decide because one person will say it’s safe, another says the rods are going to the moon
Don’t get me wrong rods are definitely joining SpaceX on their expeditions but squeezing out the most out of them until then is possible. He gives u the option to get 3 maps. I believe map 1 is stock boost, map 2 is 20psi then map 3 is full send 25psi I THINK not too sure what the max will be with the rv6

Hopefully I can piece together what I’m working on so I can get re tuned by drob asap
Sponsored

OP
OP
Gavin_Danitz

Gavin_Danitz

First Name
Gavin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Country flag
So I still haven’t bought anything... but I want someone to clarify something thing for me. I’m already on flex fuel so my torque numbers should be about 320 on stock turbo. I know that low end torque is more stressful on the rods, so by shifting the power band up higher with a different turbo, the torque numbers don’t change much. Given that and a conservative tune, is it still a bad idea? (I promise I’ll give it up if everyone agrees not to do it)

Jes_si562

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si. 1990 Honda civic w d16z6 swap (sold) 2019 Honda Civic Hatchback sport(wifes)
Country flag
So I still haven’t bought anything... but I want someone to clarify something thing for me. I’m already on flex fuel so my torque numbers should be about 320 on stock turbo. I know that low end torque is more stressful on the rods, so by shifting the power band up higher with a different turbo, the torque numbers don’t change much. Given that and a conservative tune, is it still a bad idea? (I promise I’ll give it up if everyone agrees not to do it)
Your risking your motor already

OP
OP
Gavin_Danitz

Gavin_Danitz

First Name
Gavin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Country flag
Your risking your motor already
I know I’m definitely taking a risk but I’m willing to rebuild the motor if it goes. Im wondering how much worse a bigger turbo would be. I know there’s a few guys out there with fbo and upgraded turbo that have no problems on their stock block.

Kotaas

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I know I’m definitely taking a risk but I’m willing to rebuild the motor if it goes. Im wondering how much worse a bigger turbo would be. I know there’s a few guys out there with fbo and upgraded turbo that have no problems on their stock block.
It all depends on the tune and the driver bro you can get a conservative tune but if your beat the car to hell it’s ganna blow on you. I know multiple people the PRL 2860 big turbo kits on stock blocks one guy even has a stock tranny. They usually do minor roll racing but they do track it.

OP
OP
Gavin_Danitz

Gavin_Danitz

First Name
Gavin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Country flag
It all depends on the tune and the driver bro you can get a conservative tune but if your beat the car to hell it’s ganna blow on you. I know multiple people the PRL 2860 big turbo kits on stock blocks one guy even has a stock tranny. They usually do minor roll racing but they do track it.
Do or do not track it?

JDM importz

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Si coupe
Country flag
Yeah I kinda have to at this point lol I’m ganna have eman take care of it once I buy all the parts. That k20c4 swap Aaperformance did is kinda calling my name tho ??
Seriously...
I need a more detailed break down as to what’s required and needs modification. If a real write up gets posted I’d be down to grab a c4 and match it to a type r trans in my si
Sponsored