Official RV6 R365 turbo thread

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20' si coupe
Country flag
I will say that I ended up trading my R365 up to the BB variant, but that was something we worked out between us because I was having issues with the R365.

I don't wanna mention the price because they may move it still before making it official, but my trade-up price was entirely reasonable.
I'm in the same boat, and was more than happy to pay the difference I think it's totally reasonable for the gains and longevity. How is your BB running so far?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Crough

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
I saw the email. I haven't had any issues yet but I'm only 230 miles into it. I have been very careful breaking it in and installing it, and the only WOT pull I did was the 3rd Gear from 2k through Redline that Drob requests.

Last edited:

chmst

First Name
Mikey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 honda civic EX-L 6mt Si swapped from CVT
Country flag
Just dropping in to say I've put a solid 7-8k miles on the r365 now - and have not encountered any reliability issues. And this is a CVT.

I don't have any Dyno data but all I can say is HOLYYYYY. I smile every day I drive this car.

For the sake of other CVT owners (or anyone that is curious) here is my setup.

Ktuner
Flex fuel tune (IMW)
PRL FF kit
RV6 R365
PRL Cobra CAI
Skunk2 intake manifold
PRL turbo inlet
Forge BPV
Agency power exhaust
27won race RMM
Mishimoto FMIC + charge piping
PRL oil cooler kit
CVT cooler kit
PRL 3" downpipe & front pipe

Crough

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Just dropping in to say I've put a solid 7-8k miles on the r365 now - and have not encountered any reliability issues. And this is a CVT.

I don't have any Dyno data but all I can say is HOLYYYYY. I smile every day I drive this car.

For the sake of other CVT owners (or anyone that is curious) here is my setup.

Ktuner
Flex fuel tune (IMW)
PRL FF kit
RV6 R365
PRL Cobra CAI
Skunk2 intake manifold
PRL turbo inlet
Forge BPV
Agency power exhaust
27won race RMM
Mishimoto FMIC + charge piping
PRL oil cooler kit
CVT cooler kit
PRL 3" downpipe & front pipe
The BB version, or nah?

JonnySuicide

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si Coupe
Country flag
Something is wrong with your tune if it’s not boosting until 4500. Mine is blasting at 3200.
Mine is only running the r365 can tune so may be there's more but mine feels like there's no real power till 4000 up and at times I think it feels slower. I'm thinking of going W2 for that lower spool.

OP
OP
Sport-injected

Sport-injected

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si, 2006 Saab 9-3 Aero
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Mine is only running the r365 can tune so may be there's more but mine feels like there's no real power till 4000 up and at times I think it feels slower. I'm thinking of going W2 for that lower spool.
Does the W2 spool any sooner? I heard it's lagy as well.

JonnySuicide

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si Coupe
Country flag

SouthSideBeef

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 GR86
Country flag
From what I've read it spools sooner even before the new ball bearing upgrade.
I haven't looked at the graphs in a while but I'm pretty sure the R365 and W2 are in the same category size wise. Based on my memory, the spool on the W2 is almost identical. The new option from Vargas will spool significantly faster so that's worth checking out. I'd double check the graphs that DRob posts on his Instagram, maybe I'm wrong.

awsomsauce

First Name
Theodore
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10 Gen si and 2 6 gen sedans
Country flag
Ok I did it — I’m installing the turbo in 2 weeks — I’m terrified of blowing up though — why is everyone saying ethanol is bad???? Is there a “safe” blend? I typically run E30 now but with this turbo pushing 28.5psi — am I going to blow it up @full throttle???? ?
Running on ethanol is a 50/50 situation. After time your injectors will clog up. Idk if it’s rust as I haven’t seen it with my own eyes but you’ll know you have injector issues when your fuel trims are way off and your idle afr is swinging wildly instead of constant smooth.

awsomsauce

First Name
Theodore
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10 Gen si and 2 6 gen sedans
Country flag
Same tune for all the turbo's. Bought the TSP R365 tune just to get the car running while I bought an etune at a later date. Then kept blowing turbos so I never got fully tuned. Me, Rich, and Derek have all emailed back and forth questioning the tune but Derek swears the tune is completely safe and wouldn't cause any failures. I believe him now after seeing a few people blow their turbo's even on custom tunes.
Does anyone know what the oil they were using in the engine when the turbos failed? My mhi failed after an oil change at the dealership. Fresh batch of Honda recommended 0w-20. Mhi said the oil was too thin. Now I run 5w-30 with no issues on both rv6 turbos.

mats_fc1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Does anyone know what the oil they were using in the engine when the turbos failed? My mhi failed after an oil change at the dealership. Fresh batch of Honda recommended 0w-20. Mhi said the oil was too thin. Now I run 5w-30 with no issues on both rv6 turbos.
I was running Amsoil Synthetic 5w-30 for all my turbo failures. But also important update, my BB was not blown it was just getting too much oil pressure from the journal bearing hardware and RV6 has since manufactured new oil feed bolts that should fix the issue and make the BB run like a champ. Still waiting on the new hardware last I heard they were getting plated and should be done within the next couple weeks.

Chilidog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic SI coupe
Country flag
I was running Amsoil Synthetic 5w-30 for all my turbo failures. But also important update, my BB was not blown it was just getting too much oil pressure from the journal bearing hardware and RV6 has since manufactured new oil feed bolts that should fix the issue and make the BB run like a champ. Still waiting on the new hardware last I heard they were getting plated and should be done within the next couple weeks.
I’ve got rv6 batch 2 turbo — is that when they got new oil feed lines? Or will I need to replace?

LBP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
I’ve got rv6 batch 2 turbo — is that when they got new oil feed lines? Or will I need to replace?
I believe he's referring to a tester/pre-release ball bearing version (R365 RED), not the journal bearing version.
Sponsored