First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Sport Touring 6MT
Country flag
Hi there,

I have the factory tune on my car right now as i am planning on selling it and I noticed that the rpms rise to 1500 or so when I push the clutch in and drop it to neutral. I have the 27won downpipe on right now and I am wondering how to get this issue to go away. I've disable code P0420 on my ktuner and Im wondering how else I can get rid of this.

Thanks
Sponsored

OP
OP
jaypinto

jaypinto

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Are you sure it's the downpipe or could it be a combination of the aftermarket flywheel and built-in factory rev hang?
good point, I am using a lighter flywheel. At this point I might just leave my custom tune from Drob on the car when trading it into the dealership

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Oh man. I went to edit my post and accidentally deleted it. I'm half asleep.:doh:

I wouldn't leave a custom tune on a car you trade in to a dealer. I mean, if you were selling to a private party and they wanted the tune, that would a different situation.

A dealer (I assume) is going to take your trade on a test drive plus they'll see your downpipe. I'd have to think they'd suspect it's tuned.

OP
OP
jaypinto

jaypinto

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Oh man. I went to edit my post and accidentally deleted it. I'm half asleep.:doh:

I wouldn't leave a custom tune on a car you trade in to a dealer. I mean, if you were selling to a private party and they wanted the tune, that would a different situation.

A dealer (I assume) is going to take your trade on a test drive plus they'll see your downpipe. I'd have to think they'd suspect it's tuned.
No worries, I appreciate your replies! I was concerned about the dealer taking it for a test drive and then noticing the revs jumping for a second when pushing in the clutch and coming to a stop. It really shows when the coming to a stop and you put it in neutral, there’s no pressure on the gas but the revs go up

OP
OP
jaypinto

jaypinto

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
One other thing, I can’t return it exactly to a stock tune as that will trigger a p0402 code. So at a minimum I need a factory tune and the 402 code disabled
Sponsored