Unibrow Tail Lights

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
Hey guys! I just ordered some fog light tint overlay and I was wondering how to install them. Is there a way to pop out the honeycomb so I could make the install easier? Or would I have to take the whole bumper off? I've read somewhere that some people just installed the overlay straight on without removing anything but it may be more difficult to put the tint on that way.
Sponsored

Rickmeister 48

First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hey guys! I just ordered some fog light tint overlay and I was wondering how to install them. Is there a way to pop out the honeycomb so I could make the install easier? Or would I have to take the whole bumper off? I've read somewhere that some people just installed the overlay straight on without removing anything but it may be more difficult to put the tint on that way.
I just put mine on without taking anything off. You have to remove the bumper to get the trim off, at least on mine and that was too much trouble for me. I got the lamin x film and it was a little tricky,but you can apply and re apply it till you get it right. Just make sure you don't touch the film with your fingers,use the tabs. Then I had to use a thin business card to tuck the edges in under the trim. Sounds way harder than it was.

OP
OP
Unibrow Tail Lights

Unibrow Tail Lights

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
I just put mine on without taking anything off. You have to remove the bumper to get the trim off, at least on mine and that was too much trouble for me. I got the lamin x film and it was a little tricky,but you can apply and re apply it till you get it right. Just make sure you don't touch the film with your fingers,use the tabs. Then I had to use a thin business card to tuck the edges in under the trim. Sounds way harder than it was.
Hey thanks for your reply! I posted this awhile ago :p and I just put the tint on without taking any part off. Took some patience, a blow dryer, and a squeegee but I still managed to mess up a little bit. q

Rickmeister 48

First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hey thanks for your reply! I posted this awhile ago :p and I just put the tint on without taking any part off. Took some patience, a blow dryer, and a squeegee but I still managed to mess up a little bit. q
No problem, I didnt need a hair dryer ,but it was warm when I did it. Yea, patience is key ,lol

Faduzer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I would personally recommend the bumper coming off. If you take the bumper off, you can then pop out the honeycomb pieces, and then the foglights... It is a considerable amount of work for such a simple mod but I had a lot of difficulty trying to do it on the car. When you take off the bumper and foglights its a lot easier and you are going to get a perfect outcome this way every time. You can make sure all edges are adhered properly.

One embarrassing side note... A few days after install my foglights tint appeared to be peeling up and I was furious and so sad that I put all this work in and these things were peeling up like crazy and had bubbles everywhere....

Lucky for me I may be an idiot sometimes but I am pretty decent at working with tint... There was another layer of clear over the top of the tint and after removing they looked amazing without a single imperfection haha SMH

itbedave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have a vinyl cutter and just bought a roll of film to cut my own. Can anyone tell me the diameter of the pre-made ones you bought to save me some time?
Sponsored