ITGuyLevi

First Name
Levi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sport Touring
Country flag
Thought I would update this with what I did in the end. I decided not to use the fog light I originally linked to as I want something a bit more permanent, I went with these http://www.ebay.com/itm/JDM-Style-R...ights-For-16-up-Honda-Civic-4DR-/232155109207. Installation was a bit of a pain (I don't have ramps and my google-fu failed to find a guide) but only took an hour or so; in hindsight I wish I took pictures during the process but I didn't, I'll gladly answer any questions I can.

Here are a couple pics of the finished product, don't judge me on the unwashedness of the car though, the roads in England this time of year are always wet and nasty, the fog that day was like driving through a suspended mud puddle.

Lights on fogs off:

Honda Civic 10th gen Request: Rear fog light install - Civic Touring DSC_0187.JPG

Lights and fogs on:

Honda Civic 10th gen Request: Rear fog light install - Civic Touring DSC_0186.JPG

Civics4Ever

Rally Red EXT
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Civic Sedan LX, 17 Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Ah, now this makes sense. At first, I was thinking why do you need a rear fog light? I see they are the reflectors as we call them here.

OP
OP
ITGuyLevi

ITGuyLevi

First Name
Levi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sport Touring
Country flag
Ah, now this makes sense. At first, I was thinking why do you need a rear fog light? I see they are the reflectors as we call them here.
Yeah the UK requires them (pretty heavy fog) and until this past weekend all I had were reflectors, before it could pass the inspection I had to add a fog light somewhere and most people just screw a light into their bumper but I wanted something a bit nicer. Now that I've passed my inspection I can get rid of the Georgia license plate and get a UK one.

Civics4Ever

Rally Red EXT
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Civic Sedan LX, 17 Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yeah the UK requires them (pretty heavy fog) and until this past weekend all I had were reflectors, before it could pass the inspection I had to add a fog light somewhere and most people just screw a light into their bumper but I wanted something a bit nicer. Now that I've passed my inspection I can get rid of the Georgia license plate and get a UK one.
Thank you, I didn't think of the fog over there. Makes perfect sense to me now!

derbo904

Keeper of Blinky lights
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK7 | 11 E90M3
Country flag
Nice! How did you setup the fog light button? The UK factory ones use the turn stalk?

OP
OP
ITGuyLevi

ITGuyLevi

First Name
Levi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sport Touring
Country flag
Nice! How did you setup the fog light button? The UK factory ones use the turn stalk?
No clue about the UK ones, I shipped this one from GA. After switching out the reflectors for LEDs I ran a wire to the front fog lights and just tapped into them. This way when I turn on the front fog lights the rear ones come on at the same time.

derbo904

Keeper of Blinky lights
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK7 | 11 E90M3
Country flag
No clue about the UK ones, I shipped this one from GA. After switching out the reflectors for LEDs I ran a wire to the front fog lights and just tapped into them. This way when I turn on the front fog lights the rear ones come on at the same time.
The UK ones for sure have the combination switch on the turn signal stalk as shown below. Maybe you could help me purchase one when they are available? :)

Honda Civic 10th gen Request: Rear fog light install - Civic Touring civ-008

OP
OP
ITGuyLevi

ITGuyLevi

First Name
Levi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sport Touring
Country flag
The UK ones for sure have the combination switch on the turn signal stalk as shown below. Maybe you could help me purchase one when they are available?
Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you're saying, but that's not a UK one... in fact, I'm pretty sure the UK doesn't even get a non-hatch civic. But I love that red background.

Why would you want one from here though?

Edit: Added my love for the red background.

derbo904

Keeper of Blinky lights
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK7 | 11 E90M3
Country flag
Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you're saying, but that's not a UK one... in fact, I'm pretty sure the UK doesn't even get a non-hatch civic. But I love that red background.

Why would you want one from here though?

Edit: Added my love for the red background.
I probably misworded it.

The UK Hatch is set to be on sale in March. It will conform to UK regulations obviously and will have a rear fog. Based on the pictures, the turn signal stalk has the combination light switch including the rear fog.

My goal is to buy 2 euro rear fog hatch tail lights (the other side as well because the lighted part doesn't go to the end of the tail light like the US ones) and the combination switch on the stalk. Wiring will be another hurdle but won't be as bad after getting the parts and figuring out which pins does what. I also realized that the UK model will have the fog on the RHD, so this idea might not work for me.

This gentleman from China posted his factory rear fog in another thread:
http://www.civicx.com/threads/rear-fog-lights.1285/page-3#post-145581

Honda Civic 10th gen Request: Rear fog light install - Civic Touring fog1-

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
The UK ones for sure have the combination switch on the turn signal stalk as shown below. Maybe you could help me purchase one when they are available? :)

civ-008.jpg
I have switchgear AND EDM rear tail lights (with Rear Fog light) on order from UK...

derbo904

Keeper of Blinky lights
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK7 | 11 E90M3
Country flag
I have switchgear AND EDM rear tail lights (with Rear Fog light) on order from UK...
Sick! Where did you order from and what was the cost? The largest thing I'm wondering is how to deal with the wiring. At a minimal, there needs to be a wire from the taillight to the front where the power source is controlled by that switch.

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
Sick! Where did you order from and what was the cost? The largest thing I'm wondering is how to deal with the wiring. At a minimal, there needs to be a wire from the taillight to the front where the power source is controlled by that switch.
Yes for sure - I don't know if there is a relay in between but it seems like there should be a fuse and relay off that switch...
I got everything from TegiwaImports.com. Hasn't arrived yet - still waiting for one of the power fold side mirrors to come in-

Peszt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic X
Country flag
Hej, did You manage to make it work with the OEM stalk switch? I have US civic in Poland and need the fog light to register the car. I would like it to work with the OEM stalk switch.

OP
OP
ITGuyLevi

ITGuyLevi

First Name
Levi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sport Touring
Country flag
Hej, did You manage to make it work with the OEM stalk switch? I have US civic in Poland and need the fog light to register the car. I would like it to work with the OEM stalk switch.
Yes, when I wired mine up I literally tapped the front fog lights and ran the wire to the lights I added in the back. This way when the front fog lamps are turned on, the back ones would come on too. At first I was a little worried it might cause issues pulling more current on that circuit but with how low power LEDs are I had no issues.

I did end up trading in the car when they released the Sport Touring with a manual (after I managed to find one).
Sponsored