Remote start and climate controls

kg3d

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic ex t
I thought the heated seats did not come on. But recently i found out differently that the heated seats did come on without the indicator light while driving from work. I adjusted the temp of the car to 68 degrees and 1/2 hour later i am lowering the temperature lower and lower because my back and bottom was getting warmer. I then figured out that the heated seats were on even though the indicator light was off. Once i turned the heated seat indicator light on then off the temperature of the seat diffidently went cooler. And i had to raise the overall temp of the car to be comfortable.
Sponsored

lightthief

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black Civic Touring
Country flag
I thought the heated seats did not come on. But recently i found out differently that the heated seats did come on without the indicator light while driving from work. I adjusted the temp of the car to 68 degrees and 1/2 hour later i am lowering the temperature lower and lower because my back and bottom was getting warmer. I then figured out that the heated seats were on even though the indicator light was off. Once i turned the heated seat indicator light on then off the temperature of the seat diffidently went cooler. And i had to raise the overall temp of the car to be comfortable.
I'm not sure what you're trying to say.
That you were driving the car and the seats continued to warm?
Granted, the official Honda video doesn't confirm that either way, but that doesn't seem quite right either.

When you press the heated seats option again it turns on.
My guess is that once you turn the car on properly it doesn't just stay on low indefinitely afterward.

That would make even less sense.
But hey. Maybe.

david1pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring, MSM with Black Interior
Country flag
Well, if he drives long enough, they should warm to approximately 98 degrees. :D

PandaXpress

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EX-T with Honda Sensing
Country flag
Is there a way to raise the temperature setting to have the front and rear defrost turn on when you use the remote engine start because I live in Southern California and windows are foggy in the morning when its not 40 degree or below

dick w

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Sedan Touring, '18 CR-V Touring AWD
Country flag
Is there a way to raise the temperature setting to have the front and rear defrost turn on when you use the remote engine start because I live in Southern California and windows are foggy in the morning when its not 40 degree or below
There is no way to do this documented in the Honda literature and I haven't seen anybody post a hack or workaround.

jeff925

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring and 2014 Pilot Touring
Country flag
same issue here in NoCal, I love the car but the documentation is crappy. i am still trying to find the "driver preferences"

dick w

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Sedan Touring, '18 CR-V Touring AWD
Country flag
same issue here in NoCal, I love the car but the documentation is crappy. i am still trying to find the "driver preferences"
The reason you haven't found Driver Preferences isn't, near as anybody can tell, poor documentation. It's because they decided not to put the feature in the car despite having put it in the press release.

Dannybles

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 civic hatch ex
Country flag
Does anyone know if you can remote start the car without the climate control is turning on?
When I do this the heaters come on full blast and even after 20 minutes the car will not even register on the temperature gage. Which makes the heater and defroster pretty much useless since the motor is not warm enough to produce heat through the heating vents.
Sponsored