Remote Start Question

JGar1108

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX
this might sound dumb. try pressing both at the same time. my ex for some reason does that too, if i remote start it, go in press the brake THEN hit the start button the car shuts off after I press the brake. But when I hit both the brake and the button at the same time it starts as it should
Sponsored

madroxinide

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
bartlettjosh600 keeps saying that as soon as the brake pedal is pressed the car shuts off.
And we keep telling him if that is truly how his car behaves, there is something wrong with it.

Boz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX Sedan - Modern Steel Metalic / Black
Country flag
this might sound dumb. try pressing both at the same time. my ex for some reason does that too, if i remote start it, go in press the brake THEN hit the start button the car shuts off after I press the brake. But when I hit both the brake and the button at the same time it starts as it should
The next time you go to the dealer, you should probably have them fix that! My EX does NOT do this. I get in, press the brake pedal, press the start button, and it goes into "ready to drive" mode.

stefanbassick

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Accord 1.5 Sport
Country flag
Hey everyone,

Quick question.

I have the touring model with the remote start. In traditional vehicles with keys, when you remote start your vehicle and then you go to get in, you just turn your car to the "ON" position (or something like that) and the rest of the car turns on and you can drive. The car doesn't need to be shut off and turned back on.

Is there a way to do this with the remote start/push start combination?

If I get in my car and hit the brake or push the start button it shuts the motor off so I need to start it again... Not a HUGE deal but a bit of a pain in the butt. Didn't know if there was a way to get in, and just go without having to turn it off/back on.

Thanks!
Hey, I'm having the same problem with my Honda. It remote starts fine, but shuts off as soon as I press the brake. Did you ever find a solution to the problem?
Sponsored