A little confused about Remote Start Climate control

Ant918

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Currently obsessed with my 2016 Civic EX-T, I have absolutely no complaints about this car coming from a Subaru WRX lol. I'm just a little confused about the remote start regarding climate control. Also, Aegian Blue Metallic is a beautiful color lol.

I know the manual says it automatically sets the temperature to 72 and will turn the defrosters on if required but so far I haven't seen the climate control turn on at all regardless of outside temperature.

I'm wondering if this is user error? I always keep climate "off" on the infotainment screen and I'm wondering if this is the cause. When I shut the car off does it need to have climate set to "On" in order for it to work when remote started?
Sponsored

Ash2016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CIVIC 2016 Touring
Currently obsessed with my 2016 Civic EX-T, I have absolutely no complaints about this car coming from a Subaru WRX lol. I'm just a little confused about the remote start regarding climate control. Also, Aegian Blue Metallic is a beautiful color lol.

I know the manual says it automatically sets the temperature to 72 and will turn the defrosters on if required but so far I haven't seen the climate control turn on at all regardless of outside temperature.

I'm wondering if this is user error? I always keep climate "off" on the infotainment screen and I'm wondering if this is the cause. When I shut the car off does it need to have climate set to "On" in order for it to work when remote started?
There is no requirement to leave the climate ON before turning the car off. I always keep mine off before turning the car off. Remote start should keep the car temperature close to 20-21c and if the temperature inside the car is almost same probably it wont kick ON or else time to see a dealer if thats not the case....

OP
OP

Ant918

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
There is no requirement to leave the climate ON before turning the car off. I always keep mine off before turning the car off. Remote start should keep the car temperature close to 20-21c and if the temperature inside the car is almost same probably it wont kick ON or else time to see a dealer if thats not the case....
Hmm the temperature here on Long Island has been anywhere from 50 ish degrees in the morning to 70 during the day, perhaps neither have been extreme enough to warrant the car to turn on CC. I'm just a little paranoid that it doesn't work at all but maybe I'm over analyzing it.

Ash2016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CIVIC 2016 Touring
Hmm the temperature here on Long Island has been anywhere from 50 ish degrees in the morning to 70 during the day, perhaps neither have been extreme enough to warrant the car to turn on CC. I'm just a little paranoid that it doesn't work at all but maybe I'm over analyzing it.
Just give it a chance and see with the temperature variation... you still have a long warranty time to figure it out. so no worries. try it on a hot day and CC should come making the car cool from inside...

OP
OP

Ant918

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Just give it a chance and see with the temperature variation... you still have a long warranty time to figure it out. so no worries. try it on a hot day and CC should come making the car cool from inside...
I was under the assumption that the CC would always turn on making sure the car was 72F regardless of outside temp. Gonna wait until it gets hotter out and see if it'll cool down the car lol. *crosses fingers*

inv4zn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
Country flag
Dealing in Celsius here, but it's been +30's here recently and everytime I remote-start the car the AC is blasting on full.

There's no indication (ie lights, screen) that it's running, which I think is what has some people confused, but it's definitely working.

jdubau55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T MSM
Country flag
It is dependent on outside temps too. In the spring when morning outside temps are only 50ish F then it doesn't do anything. I think it has to be under 40F for heat and over something like 60F for cool.

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It is dependent on outside temps too. In the spring when morning outside temps are only 50ish F then it doesn't do anything. I think it has to be under 40F for heat and over something like 60F for cool.
Yep, under 40 for heat and over 70 for A/C.

djasonw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring, 2017 Toyota iM
Country flag
I live in South Florida and always have the CC on and set to about 72°F. I have no idea why you would turn off the CC when you turn the car off. Totally unnecessary.
Sponsored