Rattle When Driving / Turning Left on Front Right Passenger Side - HELP!

partialprint

First Name
Partial
Threads
Reaction score
Website
music.apple.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Over the past 3 weeks Ive been hearing this rattling noise when I drive on my front passenger side. Its occurring at low speeds, taking off from red lights on acceleration and on left turns around 1500-2000 rpm. It does NOT make the sound when idle and or parked. I even hit the gas in park and no rattle.

It sounds like its coming from the wheel area or by the glove box / side mirror but the fact its only when the cars moving makes me think suspension or wheel.

Ive heard it can be a number of things, Tie Rod, Rotor Shield, bushings, exhaust shield. I just don't know where to start. I'm trying to trouble shoot it this weekend.
any direction would be appreciated

calonzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
I have had a similar rattle on and off since the car was new. It is coming from the passenger side dashboard. There have been numerous threads about rattles. Some people say they were able to fix it. Do a search on rattles and you will see their suggestions.

OP
OP
partialprint

partialprint

First Name
Partial
Threads
Reaction score
Website
music.apple.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
it was the cabin air filter clip that fell out lol mechanic who did my oil change must have not clipped it back in correctly. i ended taking my door panel off and using some piping insulation / adhesive tabe and it helps with the plastic door rattle a bit

Jason Baker

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I’ve taken my door apart 4 times, the whole dash and half the front quarter panels. Sound deadened and caulked all the joints. Tightened stuff all day long. Maybe 10 hours chasing the rattle. I still can’t find it.

Seemed to become more pronounced when I did the Hasport motor mounts..
I just live with it now. I give up!

calonzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
it was the cabin air filter clip that fell out lol mechanic who did my oil change must have not clipped it back in correctly. i ended taking my door panel off and using some piping insulation / adhesive tabe and it helps with the plastic door rattle a bit
Do you mean the clips on the door to the cabin filter?
Sponsored