177UG3N

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fk8
Country flag
I don’t know if it’s just me, but I feel like they mass producing the the heck of the civic type r! I bought this car thinking they making under 30,000 or even less but damn they planning to do a makeover soon sheesh!! Don’t get me wrong I’m a proud owner of the type r but now I feel like they just doing it to much! Tell me how y’all feel??!!
Sponsored

Zeffy94

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda3 GT Hatch 6AT, 2018 Honda Civic Type R (traded in)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I knew it wasn't going to be rare. When Honda sells as many as these as they do (and for damn good reason), why stop?

Ouhei

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CW CTR
Country flag
It's not like they're all over the place, I think the highest number I've seen is still sub 37k and they've been made for 4 years now...that's not a lot.

Like others have said, the more successful it is, the more likely we get more in the future so I'm happy it's selling like it is.

Muggsy

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R, 2020 Lexus UX250h, 2012 Toyota Sienna
Country flag
If you bought it thinking rarity would make it appreciate as an investment, bad move. Some dealers argue rarity to justify ADM but it's BS. Like virtually every other mass produced vehicle, it starts depreciating when you drive it off the dealer lot.

It's a great car, enjoy it for what it is. I enjoy seeing other CTRs on the road, but they're still not too common.

mocaSi

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si & 2016 Honda Fit
Country flag
You're in the wrong game of you expected a rare, exclusive sports car. You'd be paying a much heftier price if they were to only make 30,000 total. I hope they continue to make lots of them and North America gets to keep the type r for the foreseeable future. I can't wait to own one myself. At the end of the day it is a Honda Civic my dude.

MediaMaster

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CTR, 2024 Ford Maverick
Country flag
It's not like they're all over the place, I think the highest number I've seen is still sub 37k and they've been made for 4 years now...that's not a lot.

Like others have said, the more successful it is, the more likely we get more in the future so I'm happy it's selling like it is.
Well over 37K this is mine. 500 miles on 100 till break-in over.

Honda Civic 10th gen Rarity!! 37137

WindJunkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE USA-367, 2011 Civic Si (FA5)
Country flag
Redline reviews just posted to YouTube a 2020 CTR review video. The video claimed that when Honda lent the 2020 to them for reviewing, Honda said they had sold about 13,000 units in the USA since the 2017 release. There has probably been a solid 500 or so totaled CTRs seen on copart.com and iaai.com, so that leads me to believe there is in and around 12,000 units out in the wild, in the US today. That's 240 CTR's per state on average to this day, 60 new ones added each year per state. That's rare to me. I know that states have different populations, etc. but in general I'm sure you can follow the math I'm getting at.

The argument as to if it's rare or not has been hashed dozens of times on this forum, it comes down to personal viewpoint. To me, it is rare

EdG

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
How often do people see them? I think I have seen 2 while driving since I bought my last fall. Might be less popular in Cleveland, OH area than other parts of the country.

mocaSi

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si & 2016 Honda Fit
Country flag

ATX_Si

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe (gone). 2018 Accord EX-L 1.5t (gone) 2020 Audi Q3 S-Line. 2018 Accord Sport 2.0T 6MT
Country flag
The guy across the street from me has one in his driveway so I see one every day. I know a couple that has his and hers CTRs and I’m fairly certain there’s a second one in my neighborhood now. I see a fair amount roaming around the Austin area. Makes me happy to see them so they’ll make more and one day I can trade up from my Si!