[QUESTION] Civic Side Decal Removal

dsmith23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
I recently got a 2019 Honda Civic Touring and everything about the car was perfect except this “decal” going along the door panels. Is there any safe way to remove it? If so, please leave any recommendations.
Honda Civic 10th gen [QUESTION] Civic Side Decal Removal image
Sponsored

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
What I generally do is wedge an old credit card in one edge by wiggling it in and slowly pulling the molding up (assuming it's attached with 3M style acrylic tape). Using a hair dryer to heat things up might help (not too hot). It might be a slow process and there will be quite a bit of tape residue left over. For that, you can use Goo Gone and a microfiber cloth. Once cleaned up polish and wax the area. You'll need patience.

You can also use something called an eraser wheel (along with an electric drill) to remove the old tape. That's what the pros use but you need to know what you're doing.
https://www.amazon.com/3M-03612-Adhesive-Eraser-Wheel/dp/B005RNGN8I/

Some people will tell you to substitute fishing line or dental floss instead of an old credit card (you kind of use a sawing motion). I'd recommend against the floss because it will likely break.

Last edited:
OP
OP

dsmith23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
What I generally do is wedge an old credit card in one edge by wiggling it in and slowly pulling the molding up (assuming it's attached with 3M style acrylic tape). Using a hair dryer to heat things up might help (not too hot). It might be a slow process and there will be quite a bit of tape residue left over. For that, you can use Goo Gone and a microfiber cloth. Once cleaned up polish and wax the area. You'll need patience.

You can also use something called an eraser wheel (along with an electric drill) to remove the old tape. That's what the pros use but you need to know what you're doing.
https://www.amazon.com/3M-03612-Adhesive-Eraser-Wheel/dp/B005RNGN8I/

Some people will tell you to substitute fishing line or dental floss instead of an old credit card (you kind of use a sawing motion). I'd recommend against the floss because it will likely break.
Thanks! I really appreciate it
Sponsored