aznguy1992

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si 2018 Sedan
Country flag
I finally got the right one today but did anyone else had fitment issues with their hvdp? @PRL Motorsports has anyone had fitment issues like not being able to use brackets and screws? I had problems such as does the o2 sensor just dangle in place now? One bracket where the frontpipe/downpipe meet I can’t use one side? Some bolts to the heat shield brackets I can’t use or they just interfere with each other.

Honda Civic 10th gen PRL Motorsports 10th Gen Civic 1.5T High Volume Testing A48D8756-4FBA-491D-8610-354148BCBAB3

Honda Civic 10th gen PRL Motorsports 10th Gen Civic 1.5T High Volume Testing BBAD1554-7561-4EB8-9063-27CAAEFC6CB8

curlichfc1

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
I finally got the right one today but did anyone else had fitment issues with their hvdp? @PRL Motorsports has anyone had fitment issues like not being able to use brackets and screws? I had problems such as does the o2 sensor just dangle in place now? One bracket where the frontpipe/downpipe meet I can’t use one side? Some bolts to the heat shield brackets I can’t use or they just interfere with each other.
Yep my guy who’s installing says the gasket doesn’t fit the factory exhaust at least the front pipe as far as that no other issues from mine
A48D8756-4FBA-491D-8610-354148BCBAB3.jpeg

BBAD1554-7561-4EB8-9063-27CAAEFC6CB8.jpeg

curlichfc1

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
Sorry it’s taking so long with this video guys, ran into some other problems while getting the part installed, my valve cover lifted or shifted in a way where it was leaking small amounts oil randomly so I replaced that, and the shop that originally installed my awe exhaust never gave me my hangers for the stock one back so I had to wait a week for those to ship as Honda parts near me didn’t have any:/

curlichfc1

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
Had the car for 45 mins before my drivers side tire gave out goin 80mph on the highway, from that 45 mins I felt as if it was slightly quieter but surprisingly more throaty which made me super happy definitely worth it, I only put max 15 miles on the car so I can’t say whether or not @PRL Motorsports hvdp throws a code but I get it back tomorrow afternoon and hopefully can put it through a good amount of drive cycles and get an inspection. I have the awe track exhaust so that definitely contributes to how loud and drony my car is but I felt as if the downpipe is minusculey different in terms of how loud in terms of sound it’s throaty no rasp from I heard but I don’t have any videos outside yet it’s the first thing I’m doing when I get the car this time

Los1391

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CBP Si Sedan
Country flag

curlichfc1

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
@aznguy1992 ever hear back from @PRLMotorsports ?

also @curlichfc1 did you encouter the problem that Aznguy mentioned above?
yes and no, the gasket from the Hvdp didn’t fit the factory front pipe, however it did fit my awe front pipe. I was also told by my guy it wasn’t shocking the v2 street downpipe through a code the defouler or spacer prl initially used in my mechanics words did nothing from the day it was installed until it was removed that defouler would have never worked in the function of not triggering a check engine light. He gave me some reassurance saying that the design is different for the spacer and if anything I will throw a catayst not ready but it should fix my 02 slow response code but should know more after I can actually put some miles on it

Last edited:

aznguy1992

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
@aznguy1992 ever hear back from @PRL Motorsports ?

also @curlichfc1 did you encouter the problem that Aznguy mentioned above?

@curlichfc1 Yes I did. Their chat support took awhile to respond on their website. But I unmounted it from the top and started from the bottom and everything went on in place except one of the screws for the bracket on the o2 sensor which has no impact. I would have to say the hardest part is getting the heatshields onto that downpipe and getting the o2 bracket able to sit on. My downpipe also had a stripped hole bolt. It still works fine but it should had not came like this. I made no effort to get the other 14 mm bolts into where the downpipe and frontpipe meet. But the stripped one in the picture was a pain in a butt. Overall the sound of the new hvdp is louder than their version 2 catted down pipe.

Honda Civic 10th gen PRL Motorsports 10th Gen Civic 1.5T High Volume Testing 758B6B00-1CB8-4FB5-ADED-A949279CADB5

curlichfc1

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
@curlichfc1 Yes I did. Their chat support took awhile to respond on their website. But I unmounted it from the top and started from the bottom and everything went on in place except one of the screws for the bracket on the o2 sensor which has no impact. I would have to say the hardest part is getting the heatshields onto that downpipe and getting the o2 bracket able to sit on. My downpipe also had a stripped hole bolt. It still works fine but it should had not came like this. I made no effort to get the other 14 mm bolts into where the downpipe and frontpipe meet. But the stripped one in the picture was a pain in a butt. Overall the sound of the new hvdp is louder than their version 2 catted down pipe.

758B6B00-1CB8-4FB5-ADED-A949279CADB5.jpeg
I’m still not to sure which one I thinks louder, I definitely think the Hvdp has more of a note especially going past 4k rpms I was impressed I was told that it was going to be slightly quieter but shit now I want to get it back lol and drive it again because it could be they are really similar in terms of how loud they is basically what im trying to say

curlichfc1

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag

758B6B00-1CB8-4FB5-ADED-A949279CADB5.jpeg
this is what my mechanic said, I also didn’t have the factory gasket it’s prl’s hardware so I have the downpipe running to my awe track exhaust and hoping someone won’t mind the straight pipe for inspection

Honda Civic 10th gen PRL Motorsports 10th Gen Civic 1.5T High Volume Testing 1A20F93C-9D11-49FC-8287-6999738E739E

curlichfc1

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
Car passed emissions, I tried attaching some sound clips but the vids are too long for the site, overall @aznguy1992 was right It is somewhat louder it becomes really noticeable as you climb rpms around 4500-5000rpm is when I was impressed definitely a nice upgrade @PRL Motorsports

Honda Civic 10th gen PRL Motorsports 10th Gen Civic 1.5T High Volume Testing B7EA9CE7-8919-4E34-9D6C-090B4048FDBB

Honda Civic 10th gen PRL Motorsports 10th Gen Civic 1.5T High Volume Testing D4C39EB3-5EE9-482F-8713-EAA131E78024

aznguy1992

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
This is in California? I honestly purchased hoping it passes emissions there is a difference between stock downpipe vs the hvdp.
Car passed emissions, I tried attaching some sound clips but the vids are too long for the site, overall @aznguy1992 was right It is somewhat louder it becomes really noticeable as you climb rpms around 4500-5000rpm is when I was impressed definitely a nice upgrade.

B7EA9CE7-8919-4E34-9D6C-090B4048FDBB.jpeg

D4C39EB3-5EE9-482F-8713-EAA131E78024.jpeg

curlichfc1

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
This is in California? I honestly purchased hoping it passes emissions there is a difference between stock downpipe vs the hvdp.
I’m in Massachusetts I got it for the same reason to pass emissions, @PRL Motorsports told me and sent me a link saying the high volume downpipe is designed to not throw a code on the factory tune, I had reset my codes before I installed the downpipe and in the 55 miles after reset no code everything reset to ready and I was golden. @Los1391 you probably want to see this aswell.

Los1391

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CBP Si Sedan
Country flag
I’m in Massachusetts I got it for the same reason to pass emissions, @PRL Motorsports told me and sent me a link saying the high volume downpipe is designed to not throw a code on the factory tune, I had reset my codes before I installed the downpipe and in the 55 miles after reset no code everything reset to ready and I was golden. @Los1391 you probably want to see this aswell.

Thats great to know!
Im in NY so same why I purchased the HVDP instead of the V2.

are you running it on the stock exhaust?

curlichfc1

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
Thats great to know!
Im in NY so same why I purchased the HVDP instead of the V2.

are you running it on the stock exhaust?
I switched from the v2, I’m running my awe track exhaust and my cars full bolt on lmfao and I passed.

pinhead66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan, 2018 Odyssey EX-L
Country flag
If this ever gets CARB certified, I would pair this with my stockish exhaust that has a vibrant resonator and muffler. Looking to get a little more volume and deeper exhaust tone with the added bit of power.
Sponsored