Tazmo

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CR-V EXL AWD
Country flag
PRL started taking pre-orders for their new 2022+ Civic 1.5T Downpipe that uses the G-Sport high-flow CAT today. This Downpipe does not require a tuner as there should be no O2 sensor code to disable with the new CAT and its pending EPA approval which is a first for downpipe’s that I’m aware off.
I went ahead and placed a pre-order for it, expected ship-date is December 15th and cost $900 which was a little hard to swallow but I did get a 10% military discount that helped.
Anyone else out there looking at getting this new downpipe?
Sponsored

86salmon

It's Hedley, Hedley Lamarr!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si sedan, 2001 Nissan Frontier
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
PRL started taking pre-orders for their new 2022+ Civic 1.5T Downpipe that uses the G-Sport high-flow CAT today. This Downpipe does not require a tuner as there should be no O2 sensor code to disable with the new CAT and its pending EPA approval which is a first for downpipe’s that I’m aware off.
I went ahead and placed a pre-order for it, expected ship-date is December 15th and cost $900 which was a little hard to swallow but I did get a 10% military discount that helped.
I would if I had an xi

I wonder if they'll be making a V3 for Xgen with the new cat

OP
OP

Tazmo

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CR-V EXL AWD
Country flag
According to a earlier press release PRL is apparently going to use the G-Sport CAT on all of their downpipes from now on.

PRL Motorsports

Premium Performance Products
Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
prlmotorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 2016 Civic EX-T, 2018 Type R
Country flag
According to a earlier press release PRL is apparently going to use the G-Sport CAT on all of their downpipes from now on.
You are correct! We'll be phasing out the old catalytic converters, and will be completely switching over to the GSEi cats. This will most likely go into effect sometime early next year. We're pretty excited since there's no tune required and we're working on getting this CARB legal as well.

icemansi

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan, 2009 Fit Sport
Country flag
You are correct! We'll be phasing out the old catalytic converters, and will be completely switching over to the GSEi cats. This will most likely go into effect sometime early next year. We're pretty excited since there's no tune required and we're working on getting this CARB legal as well.
Awesome news. Gonna wait to buy my DP then!

ValkenDnB

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
If you get this carb legal that would be HUGE.

Christianjwong

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 honda civic hatchback sport
Country flag
Thank you for your service BTW I was talking to someone and they said this downpipe would work with the 10th gen do we have any confirmation with that @PRL Motorsports

PRL Motorsports

Premium Performance Products
Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
prlmotorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 2016 Civic EX-T, 2018 Type R
Country flag
Thank you for your service BTW I was talking to someone and they said this downpipe would work with the 10th gen do we have any confirmation with that @PRL Motorsports
No, sadly, the 11th gen downpipe will not fit on the 10th gen Civics.

Honda Hopeful

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Sweet! Any chance that new cat will be used on a downpipe for the 10th gen 1.5T?

OP
OP

Tazmo

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CR-V EXL AWD
Country flag
I just received a shipping notice from PRL that my HV downpipe for the 1.5T has been shipped! Will have it installed by the weekend, buying the E-Tune from
IMW today to get that process started.
Sponsored