Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 1.5T EX Hatch
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Just wanted to provide an update. Although I appreciate the above advise, I drove for a month without stressing it but came to the conclusion my car was definitely not acting right. STFT1 hitting negative -25 when I’m on the peddle. Slow throttle and pick up. On long drives LTFT1 hitting -25 gradually. When idling everything was reversed, both trims hitting positive 25. My PRL SRI sound was more soft and drawn out (sounded cool tho lol). My MPG was down bad I’m used to 35+ highway (I’m a hyper miller). The most noticeable change that made me get back to diagnosing was my car jerking/hesitating when slightly pressing on gas during traffic. I cleaned the PRL SRI filter and checked fuel injectors, both was clean as a whistle (SRI filter pretty much brand new at the time I cleaned it but still cleaned regardless). Nothing worked. I did all of this with hopes of saving money on a smoke test but I think I narrowed the problem down to a vacuum leak. Luckily my wonderful neighbor had a smoke machine! I just hooked it up today to my car and boom! A very small amount of Smoke coming from driver side mainly around the driver side charge pipe. I wasn’t able to zero in on the actual spot just yet but next Saturday I will have to remove my front bumper again… and hopefully solve the issue!

Also wanted to mention this vacuum leak caused no engine codes surprisedly, I’m guessing the leak is so minuscule. So if anyone experiences the same just know just cause there is no engine code do Not rule out vacuum leaks!
Sponsored

Last edited:

The_Asian

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Ex-T
Country flag
I have the pin point same exact setup with the race SRI, Race titanium turbo inlet pipe and intercooler that you have and im having the same issues with the same stft issues. My ltft are stable and afr looks okay but my stft are hovering over +15-+25 when gently pressing the gas, but wot is stable around +-3. I noticed that the car jerks a lot when coasting with the ac on specifically, i've been thinking that its a vacuum leak but since we have the same setup and same issues im now 100% positive that it is one. When you are able to pinpoint where the leak is, can you respond and upload a picture? Im pretty sure my leak would be in a very similar place to yours. Ive been dealing with finding the issue for a little over a year and a half, but moving away to college kept me from diagnosing. Thank you!!!

OP
OP
SukiHonda

SukiHonda

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I have the pin point same exact setup with the race SRI, Race titanium turbo inlet pipe and intercooler that you have and im having the same issues with the same stft issues. My ltft are stable and afr looks okay but my stft are hovering over +15-+25 when gently pressing the gas, but wot is stable around +-3. I noticed that the car jerks a lot when coasting with the ac on specifically, i've been thinking that its a vacuum leak but since we have the same setup and same issues im now 100% positive that it is one. When you are able to pinpoint where the leak is, can you respond and upload a picture? Im pretty sure my leak would be in a very similar place to yours. Ive been dealing with finding the issue for a little over a year and a half, but moving away to college kept me from diagnosing. Thank you!!!
I got you bro

OP
OP
SukiHonda

SukiHonda

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Mission accomplished! Removed bumper this morning and located the air leak. The fault lied with the initial install. I had the driver side stock charge pipe adapter that came with the Intercooler upside down….. which caused an improper connection between the charge pipe and Intercooler. Can’t believe I didn’t catch this during the initial install since the charge pipe opening did not line up with the adapter opening… should have taken a pic but you can try to imagine a crescent shape opening when it was installed. I corrected the issue, did another smoke test and no air leaks. I took her on a 30min drive locally and immediately I noticed the difference. No more lagging, no more jerking, LFT1 0 to negative/positive 2. Eventually got both trims to be on zero when cruising. When pressing the gas I’m hitting positives 7-15 on my STFT which is normal (this is what I was getting before I installed the intercooler) due to my race maf. no more -25 STFT and slow pick up. SRI sounds how it’s supposed to now. And no more negative increasing LTFT1. I tried to video tape the leak as best as I can. Please excuse my heavy breathing lol. I also attach a photo from the manual so anyone experiencing the same issue can reference the adapter I am talking about.

I’ve been speaking with phearable throught this whole conundrum and they were the ones who pushed me to check for a air leak and I’m thankful for that. They suggested after the air leak is resolved for me to purchase their tune revision service for optimal performance which I will be getting done next pay check.

Thank you all who helped me through this mess!

Honda Civic 10th gen PRL Intercooler Issues?? IMG_8768

Last edited:
OP
OP
SukiHonda

SukiHonda

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Just posted the video above for where the leak was located. I suggest if with in your budget and if you have a compressor to purchase a smoke machine from amazon, I posted the link below to the one I used. I think it’s important to mention You can hook it up to your break booster (I had a hard time finding a good place to connect it since online didn’t have much on this for our cars) I set my compressor to 15 psi which I think is pretty safe. Let me know if you have any other questions. Hope you get your issue resolved as well!

AutoLine Pro Automotive Smoke Machine Leak Detector EVAP Vacuum Diagnostic Tester | Shop Series | Made in The USA https://a.co/d/7RtXi7A

Longislandcivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 hatchback
Country flag
Dont sweat it. I felt the instruction isn't very clear, and I had to double check i had it right the first time.

DadBodMod17

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic 4dr Si.
Country flag
Definitely had to take my time with that too especially because i paired it with the VTT charge pipes. For a straightforward Bolt-on it can be a bit tricky.
Sponsored