Price Gouging Petition

pdiizeru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type-R #225
Country flag
Honda may not be able to stop the dealers from marking up, but they can deny them additional cars when they're available. Dealer markup? Ok, once. Cars in the next run should go only to dealers treating their customers right, selling for MSRP. Some of the dealers with the best records got two cars in the first wave - Honda does appear to reward good behavior in their dealers..
What dealers got 2 cars in the first wave? And how has it been proven that they got 2 because of their non ADM sales?
Sponsored

b18brat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 Mugen Si
Country flag
West Hills Honda in Bremerton, WA got 2. They're doing a $20k mark up on the red one. I believe the finance manager is buying the other one..

I'm not saying they got 2 for non-ADM sales. The dealer told me they received 2 because of how high they're ranked on sales, i.e. they sell so many cars, they were rewarded with 2 in the first wave.

I'm saying that when the next groups of cars are shipped to the dealers, Honda should NOT send them to the dealers doing crazy markups. They should only send them to the dealers being fair to their customers and not poking them with $10k-20k markups.

Last edited:

pdiizeru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type-R #225
Country flag
I'm around the 3 top selling dealerships in America, and none of them got two at once for the first wave.

It's possible that they bought from a smaller dealer with ADM, and jack the ADM up to 20k for some good profit.

Maybe they did get two, but I highly doubt it.

b18brat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 Mugen Si
Country flag
Well, they also told me they don't mark up. But now that the car is on site, it's "an exception". So who knows, can't trust what most of them say, unfortunately.