Archangel

Archangel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R CW #00006
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Driver has to have one. Dealership isn't mandated to install it however. Most dealerships I've seen won't install them by default on "higher end" cars
If you look at the picture again it was already installed by the dealer holes were already drilled and mounted. I didn't have that choice, it was already made.
Honda Civic 10th gen FK8 Price Prediction 20190720_123902
Sponsored

TheGreekFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BB CTR, '23 SO 4Runner TRD Pro
Country flag
If you're even flirting with the idea of selling, I think now is the time. When FL5s start hitting the streets, even more so the used market, I think FK8 prices will come down significantly.

But everyone knows they are stupid high right now, so what does coming down mean? I see low mile ones that are well cared for being worth at least their original MSRP for a long time, just maybe not $10-12K over like they are now.

Not sure how it will be received decades from now. I love it......but I also acknowledge that it's a really polarizing car which most people think looks ridiculous (in a bad way). Time will tell.

TANSTAAFL

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Type R, Championship White
Country flag
The challenge in selling now is finding something to replace it. Especially if you live in a small market, not a big city, any manual transmission car is hard to find, much less one you'd actually want to drive. Dealers are taking deposits on cars in transit and then selling them out from under people when they get a better offer, and dealership websites are hyping cars that are one to three months away from even being delivered.

ShaneAnigans

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Type-R
Country flag
The value of a car normally drops when the new version is released, but I don't think that'll be the case for the FK8:

• Supply chain issues still affecting new car production
  • Lack of other performance vehicles available in price range
  • Performance of new model isn't dramatically better
  • FK8 performance is still competitive/relevant
  • It's got a numbered badge by the shifter
The FL5 has some technical improvements, but not everyone's in love with the exterior styling. Heck, I'm not even sure I like the interior design all that much, with the monotone seats and the LCD display that's just been stuck on the dash like an afterthought. If the new one had the hybrid AWD system we'd heard rumors about, that might have impacted the FK8 resale value, but even then, tight supply and huge markups on the FL5 will help keep FK8 value high for a while.

Iilac

Spelled with a I not a L for Iilac.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S2000, CTR, TUNDRA, MAXIMA, CX9
Country flag
I think how tunable the FL5 will play a factor in the desireability of the FK8. If the ecu is like any of the newer vehicles out, it will cost alot to hack it or is not tunable yet.