Potential MPG issue?

rickkonk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring Sedan - Rallye Red
A/C + Eco mode = big no-no for me in this car. Eco mode already dulls the throttle too much for my liking, add in the strain (however minor) from A/C use and it gets annoying, especially considering highways here aren't flat, they're fairly hilly. And since Eco mode also reduces fan speed, its like a double penalty having it on this time of year.
How did you beat it. I have been on ECO mode since I bought it.
Sponsored

Hokkabaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
HondaCivic/ChryslerCrossfire/LandRoverDII/KiaRio
How did you beat it. I have been on ECO mode since I bought it.[/QUOTE
How did you beat it. I have been on ECO mode since I bought it.

I believe the eco mode doesnt do anything other than slowing the response time of the air flow into the engine. Which you basically can do by not pushing the gas(which is actually air) pedal as much anyway lol and lower the AC fan speed 1 level.
On some other cars, for example 6-8 cylinder cars eco mode shuts of some of the cylinders on some situations and some other stuff to save fuel. I think civic doesnt have anything fancy like that. What I do to get good gas milage is lets say my cruising speed is 65. If i am going downhill, i let it speed up freely until 70-75. If there is a hill I am aproaching I speed up (to 70-75depending on the grade of the hill) BEFORE the hill starts and slowly lose momentum while climbing the hill so when i am on top, i end up going with about 60. This is how I got 48.7mpg on a 200mile route.