Mpg, CarPlay, Trunk Release Issues

ja_rubo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic EX
So far I really love the CivicX less than a month ago. I came from a 2013 Civic so the upgrade was nice. I am having some slight issues.
My first is the mpg. It is winter here in Chicago but I am currently getting only 30 mpg and half of that was highway. Not too impressed with the mpg since my older Civic would get better mpg even though it is rated lower.
Another issue I have been having is with CarPlay. I think this may be a bigger issue with the IPhone 6+. Half the time when I plug in, it just buzzes. I have no idea why. My wife's iPhone 6 works perfectly fine and has never buzzed at all. I got a replacement device already because of the buzzing. Has anyone else had issues with this?
My last issue I have had is I went to open my trunk from the inside and the button got stuck in the down position. It doesn't keep the trunk open, I just cannot use it anymore.
I may have to bring the car in for these to be fixed and also to get that audio update.
Any one else have any of these issues?
Sponsored

RedTouringMA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Rallye Red Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
So far I really love the CivicX less than a month ago. I came from a 2013 Civic so the upgrade was nice. I am having some slight issues.
My first is the mpg. It is winter here in Chicago but I am currently getting only 30 mpg and half of that was highway. Not too impressed with the mpg since my older Civic would get better mpg even though it is rated lower.
Another issue I have been having is with CarPlay. I think this may be a bigger issue with the IPhone 6+. Half the time when I plug in, it just buzzes. I have no idea why. My wife's iPhone 6 works perfectly fine and has never buzzed at all. I got a replacement device already because of the buzzing. Has anyone else had issues with this?
My last issue I have had is I went to open my trunk from the inside and the button got stuck in the down position. It doesn't keep the trunk open, I just cannot use it anymore.
I may have to bring the car in for these to be fixed and also to get that audio update.
Any one else have any of these issues?
The current Audio update is for the Touring model only.
But it's always a good idea to take your car in and have the issues noted, if Honda does not know you have problems they cannot make a fix for them.
MPG is always worse in the winter time, using the defroster, or starting it early to warm it up etc.

OP
OP

ja_rubo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic EX
Im really hoping it is just the weather. I have refilled the tank 3 times and have yet to get above 31mpg and that is going 70 city 30 hw.

micha3lwin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 CBP EX-T, 2013 CRV EX
Country flag
Are you guys driving with ECO on? Others have reported that you will get significantly better MPG with it OFF

OP
OP

ja_rubo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic EX
I have been driving with it on. I will have to test this out.

RedTouringMA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Are you guys driving with ECO on? Others have reported that you will get significantly better MPG with it OFF
I do way better with it off

TyBu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
I've had the buzzing from Carplay, but only from one app (Spotify).

staged84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic touring
Country flag
I'm getting less than 25mpg, mostly city driving. not impressed at all.

RedTouringMA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I'm getting less than 25mpg, mostly city driving. not impressed at all.
The only thing that gets high mpg city, is a hybrid like a prius

david1pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring, MSM with Black Interior
Country flag
But still, 25 is way lower than Honda's claims for this car, so staged84 has every right not to be impressed.

RedTouringMA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
But still, 25 is way lower than Honda's claims for this car, so staged84 has every right not to be impressed.
How many miles do you have on it? Honda cannot predict what every single person will get for mpg. And it's the EPA who makes up the mileage estimates not Honda. If you're doing jack rabbit starts and stops and sitting at light's a long time for instance that will get you crappy mpg. My first few weeks I got 41mpg all highway doing 68mph. Now I've sped up to my normal 74mph, it's less.

staged84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic touring
Country flag
Just got the car literally about 10 days ago. Currently less than 350 miles. I havent gone past 5k rpm yet.

RedTouringMA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Just got the car literally about 10 days ago. Currently less than 350 miles. I havent gone past 5k rpm yet.
It's not even broken in yet. Try to get some highway miles on too, not good to just sit in traffic with it through the entire break in period. And you dont want it over 5k rpm during the break in period either.

david1pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring, MSM with Black Interior
Country flag
I've not tried sport mode, as I'm doing mpg checks (so I've consistently been in D with Eco on) and I don't think that in these settings, it's even possible to go above 2.75K rpm. Mine hovers around 2.5 no matter what speed I'm going. I've tried to "punch it" but it just seems to change gears - the tach barely moves.

Maybe staged84 is a crappy driver - but RedTouringMA, you seemed to be downing on him because he wasn't impressed that he was getting about 7 MPG lower than he's supposed to in the city, stating he shouldn't expect to, because he's not driving a hybrid.

RedTouringMA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I've not tried sport mode, as I'm doing mpg checks (so I've consistently been in D with Eco on) and I don't think that in these settings, it's even possible to go above 2.75K rpm. Mine hovers around 2.5 no matter what speed I'm going. I've tried to "punch it" but it just seems to change gears - the tach barely moves.

Maybe staged84 is a crappy driver - but RedTouringMA, you seemed to be downing on him because he wasn't impressed that he was getting about 7 MPG lower than he's supposed to in the city, stating he shouldn't expect to, because he's not driving a hybrid.
Not at all, just trying to get him to realize there are many factors that go into the EPA rating and many factors the effect your personal experience.
Sponsored