POLL: WHO HAS TYPE R LOCKED DOWN FOR DELIVERY JUNE/JULY? WHO IS ON WISHLIST?

WHO HAS TYPE R LOCKED DOWN FOR DELIVERY JUNE/JULY? WHO IS ON WISHLIST?

• 1st in Line and taking delivery in June

• 1st in Line and taking delivery in July

• 2nd or 3rd in line and waiting for next batch

• Forget 2017, wishlist for 2018

• Just on here as fanboy, not committed to buy yet

• I'M REALLY A FORD FOCUS RS LOVER <3

Results are only viewable after voting.

Detailmylifeaway

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic type r , s2000 , delsol & soon to be a NSX
Country flag
Whelp my dealer just called & said my car is in transit to them , they got the vin yesterday & could be there in 3 day !! I'm getting excited now .. but he said it was on a truck for sure.
Sponsored

Phantisy

First Name
Marshall
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.primalsynthetics.com
Vehicle(s)
'13 Honda Fit Sport, 17 Honda CTR
Country flag
Whelp my dealer just called & said my car is in transit to them , they got the vin yesterday & could be there in 3 day !! I'm getting excited now .. but he said it was on a truck for sure.
Wonder if ours will be on the same truck. You're in West VA right?

Phantisy

First Name
Marshall
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.primalsynthetics.com
Vehicle(s)
'13 Honda Fit Sport, 17 Honda CTR
Country flag
Yup .. I know It will be soon tho , I'm dealing with the sales manager only. Damn I'm pumped lol
No doubt! My eyes is 6/17-6/21. That's like 647282847483 years away.

Detailmylifeaway

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
No doubt! My eyes is 6/17-6/21. That's like 647282847483 years away.
I'm hoping it really is 3 days or sooner as he said. I'm not counting on it , but damn that would be so nice

OP
OP
xpimpindistressx

xpimpindistressx

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Tacoma Offroad
Country flag
I'm hoping it really is 3 days or sooner as he said. I'm not counting on it , but damn that would be so nice
Some dealers I called, are Holding it and keeping it in there SHOWROOM to showoff for a month before selling after receiving

Detailmylifeaway

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Some dealers I called, are Holding it and keeping it in there SHOWROOM to showoff for a month before selling after receiving
My dealership definitely won't do anything like that , they are just happy to be making a sell. My dealership isn't in the best part of town in my area. I will definitely be carrying my pistol with me & once I jump in the car , I'll jump on the interstate & be gone back to my part of town. My dealership isn't high volume by any means , but they have been very cool & nice to deal with.

Rouleau15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Civic si
I work as a service tech at a Honda dealership in VT. Our transit sheet shows us getting a black CTR with a delivery eta of June 7-11. It will most likely be the only one that we get, and I am fortunate enough to be able to say that I am first in our list. Been waiting a very long time for this.

OP
OP
xpimpindistressx

xpimpindistressx

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Tacoma Offroad
Country flag
I work as a service tech at a Honda dealership in VT. Our transit sheet shows us getting a black CTR with a delivery eta of June 7-11. It will most likely be the only one that we get, and I am fortunate enough to be able to say that I am first in our list. Been waiting a very long time for this.
Congrats buddy! Now since you are a Honda Tech... when you do get your CTR, please let us know if there are things we should be aware of or pay extra attention to.

Rouleau15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Civic si
I would be more then happy to share whatever knowledge or insight that I have or may gain. That being said as this is the first time the CTR is being sold here in the states, and that makes it a brand new adventure for all involved. Generally speaking the only advice that I could give at this point would be what I hope is mostly common knowledge for everyone. I would highly suggest only running the highest octane fuel that is available in your area regardless of what anyone may tell you. The second thing would be to be mindful of the break in period of the engine. Honda is usually pretty generic when it comes to what they suggest for a break in period. Many people will claim that a hard break in is what you should do if you plan to drive the car hard, but it isn't worth the risk in my opinion.

OP
OP
xpimpindistressx

xpimpindistressx

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Tacoma Offroad
Country flag
I would be more then happy to share whatever knowledge or insight that I have or may gain. That being said as this is the first time the CTR is being sold here in the states, and that makes it a brand new adventure for all involved. Generally speaking the only advice that I could give at this point would be what I hope is mostly common knowledge for everyone. I would highly suggest only running the highest octane fuel that is available in your area regardless of what anyone may tell you. The second thing would be to be mindful of the break in period of the engine. Honda is usually pretty generic when it comes to what they suggest for a break in period. Many people will claim that a hard break in is what you should do if you plan to drive the car hard, but it isn't worth the risk in my opinion.
does honda offer free oil changes for first 25k like toyota does?

Rouleau15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Civic si
I think it mostly depends on the dealership. The one that I work at gives free oil changes and state inspections to anybody that purchases a vehicle from us. I am not 100% sure on how many of each is given.

Dave

2017 Civic Type R - Red #1132
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1972 Datsun 510 ------------ 1982 Toyota Corolla ----------- 1983 Porsche 944 ------------- 1989 Volvo 740 Turbo ------- 2003 Toyota Matrix XRS ------- 2006 Mazda 5 Touring ----- 2015 Honda Accord Touring -- 2009 Honda Accord Coupe --- 2017 Civic Type R - Red #1132 ---
Country flag