POLL: WHO HAS TYPE R LOCKED DOWN FOR DELIVERY JUNE/JULY? WHO IS ON WISHLIST?

WHO HAS TYPE R LOCKED DOWN FOR DELIVERY JUNE/JULY? WHO IS ON WISHLIST?

• 1st in Line and taking delivery in June

• 1st in Line and taking delivery in July

• 2nd or 3rd in line and waiting for next batch

• Forget 2017, wishlist for 2018

• Just on here as fanboy, not committed to buy yet

• I'M REALLY A FORD FOCUS RS LOVER <3

Results are only viewable after voting.

Chee_hu

First Name
Sherwin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
#611 Rallye Red CTR | 1998 Civic EX | 2007 Honda Fit Sport
Country flag
I work as a service tech at a Honda dealership in VT. Our transit sheet shows us getting a black CTR with a delivery eta of June 7-11. It will most likely be the only one that we get, and I am fortunate enough to be able to say that I am first in our list. Been waiting a very long time for this.
Wow, it's very good to hear that employees are having first crack at them. Most dealers here won't even consider selling to employees.

Rouleau15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Civic si
Wow, it's very good to hear that employees are having first crack at them. Most dealers here won't even consider selling to employees.
I started talking to the SM and GM a long time ago about it. Back before the fk2 was released when it was still just a rumor that the US may get the next gen. CTR. When it was made official he came to me and asked me if I was still interested, and told me that he would be willing to give me first shot on one condition. That being I can't get my employee price and that I will have to pay sticker price since we will only ever get one.(this year anyway) Which is a condition I was more then happy to agree to. There also may or may not have been threats of physical violence on my part.

OP
OP
xpimpindistressx

xpimpindistressx

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Tacoma Offroad
Country flag
I would be more then happy to share whatever knowledge or insight that I have or may gain. That being said as this is the first time the CTR is being sold here in the states, and that makes it a brand new adventure for all involved. Generally speaking the only advice that I could give at this point would be what I hope is mostly common knowledge for everyone. I would highly suggest only running the highest octane fuel that is available in your area regardless of what anyone may tell you. The second thing would be to be mindful of the break in period of the engine. Honda is usually pretty generic when it comes to what they suggest for a break in period. Many people will claim that a hard break in is what you should do if you plan to drive the car hard, but it isn't worth the risk in my opinion.
@Rouleau15 Is there particular brand GAS you recommend? Shell? Chevron? etc.... We get 91 octane in CA

Is said to be good to stick with one brand gas whole life time of car?

Phantisy

First Name
Marshall
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.primalsynthetics.com
Vehicle(s)
'13 Honda Fit Sport, 17 Honda CTR
Country flag
@Rouleau15 Is there particular brand GAS you recommend? Shell? Chevron? etc.... We get 91 octane in CA

Is said to be good to stick with one brand gas whole life time of car?
Exxon/Mobile or Shell is all I'd ever use

youCTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1292 CW Civic Type R
Country flag
Is there particular brand GAS you recommend? Shell? Chevron? etc.... We get 91 octane in CA
You didn't ask me, and I'm no expert, but I was on another forum when a similar discussion came up. It was about Costco Gas, and its shown that they put in the most detergents out of any Top Tier gasoline brand; Costco advertises this too. I'll see if I can go find it again...I think there were studies posted about Costco Gas on that forum too. Anyway, that's why I always put in Costco Gas, unless I'm in a pinch or running E85.

TypeRish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Rsx Type S & 2015 Tlx
Finally after a few weeks of calling and searching for a dealer, i locked in a deal for a Red ctr In Ny

Eta 6/22
Theyre asking 2k Adm but negotiable
Sponsored