Poll: rattles/squeaks/creaks/etc.?

Does your 2016/2017 Civic rattle, squeak, etc.?

• 2016 - GREAT: no "extra"/unwanted sounds of any kind

Votes: 22 12.9%
  • 2016 - OK: very minor/nearly inaudible "extra" sounds

Votes: 27 15.8%
  • 2016 - BAD: clearly audible sounds that shouldn't be there

Votes: 23 13.5%
  • 2017 - GREAT: no "extra"/unwanted sounds of any kind

Votes: 26 15.2%
  • 2017 - OK: very minor/nearly inaudible "extra" sounds

Votes: 41 24.0%
  • 2017 - BAD: clearly audible sounds that shouldn't be there

Votes: 32 18.7%

• Total voters

Mossy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic coupe 2017
Country flag
Mines rattles a lot on the driver side column, I think the plastic from that cover its kinda loose or not fit properly, so it impacts the windshield on the edge. I put a little foam pad to make pressure and the rattle disappeared. This is definitely not a permanent fix but I will let the dealer know on my next visit.

So far I hear clicking noises after a leave the car in a very hot place and turn the AC on. That's without counting the passenger seat belt bucket hitting the side on the door but I think that normal.
Sponsored

GoodBytes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016 EX
Country flag
When I first got my car (Honda Civic EX 2016), everything was solid, no issue.
Today:
- I have a rattle sound in the ceiling, it's been the third time I service, and each time, it is fixed, but a new one comes out. Still need to bring it again for service but this time for a vibration on the font passenger seat, and rear seat on the driver side (in the column at the top of the window)
- My side mirror rattle when closing the door on each side
- The top dash rattles at times (I guess it depends on the temperature as the plastic expands or shrinks)

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
I have a couple squeaks and minor rattles here and there (2017 EX-L). But to me, it's really not bad at all. This isn't a high end vehicle after all. Plus, I rarely hear them anyway cause my stereo is blasting. :)

Wxguru

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring x2
Country flag
I have a 2018 HB ST and 4 months later, I have a small rattle from both back doors (I suspect the tweeters in the upper door panel), I have a central dash rattle, and a rattle from both front doors.
That may sound horrific, but none of them are a bother really. It is only when I am on rough roads that they make their presence known, and even then they aren't all singing at once..lol

Mukbang818

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura TL
Country flag
Slight rattle from passenger seat belt area, and squeaking from the trunk. Nothing too bad or out of the ordinary for a mass produced car. I rode in the backseat of a current gen Corolla as an uber, that had much worse rattles than my car. Felt somewhat appreciative after that ;)

David Harper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic coupe
Country flag
my made in Canada 6mt coupe has, so far, been the tightest, quietest most solid car I've ever had. The only noise I hear is a very faint sound when I'm shifting gears. It sounds like a cable warbling, if that makes any sense. Like a small cable is moving ,quickly, sideways back and forth?
Has anyone else with the mt noticed this?It's a very quiet sound, you really have to listen for it.

Robotaz

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R
Country flag
Having now owned four Si coupes, I can say with certainty where three rattle culprits lie.

First, the seat belt tensioners. Second, wiring in the pillars and ceiling. Third, the gosh darned plastic panel behind the back seats.

Every one I buy has the same rattles and noises.

LesAnanasNeParlentPas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Toyota Corolla CE
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The fit and finish in my 2020 Civic is a bit shitty tbh, though better than that dog shit of interior quality that was my aunts 2012 Corolla that literally has worse fit and finish than my old 2001 Chevy Cavalier. Honda and Toyota just do not seem to care about build quality on their interiors of their cheaper models like they used to, but at least they are still reliable mechanically.
Sponsored