Picked up a 2017 EX-T Sedan 6MT - Impressions so far and some flaws

Slickone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Le Car
Country flag
There's a 3 year/36k mile bumper to bumper warranty, and a 5 year/60k mile powertrain warranty. Few warranties will cover the clutch, as that is usually considered a maintenance item.
They'll cover the clutch if something is wrong with it (not worn out). They also might (depending on the mileage) cover it if it's worn out prematurely.
Sponsored

Negan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Batmobile
The front vs. rear interior quality can be like that in more expensive cars too. In a brand new Mercedes coupe I rode in, the back felt like a different car. The front had nice leather, soft inserts, polished metal surfaces, while back could have been from a base Kia - all black, all plastic.

Olmsteez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 EXT Hatch
Country flag
My wife and I have been driving sticks for 20+ years. We went to the Honda store fully expecting to get a manual. Then we drove it. I was so disappointed the moment I stepped on the pedal and realized it was a cable actuated clutch. The engagement point is super high up in the pedal. Why set it up with a foot of travel if all the work is done in 3 inches? Hopefully, they'll put a proper hydraulic clutch in the Si.

DarkLight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic-2016 LX 6MT
Country flag
My wife and I have been driving sticks for 20+ years. We went to the Honda store fully expecting to get a manual. Then we drove it. I was so disappointed the moment I stepped on the pedal and realized it was a cable actuated clutch. The engagement point is super high up in the pedal. Why set it up with a foot of travel if all the work is done in 3 inches? Hopefully, they'll put a proper hydraulic clutch in the Si.
It does not have a clutch with a cable. None of them do.

Olmsteez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 EXT Hatch
Country flag
It does not have a clutch with a cable. None of them do.
Woah. Mind Blown. That would make it -- by far -- the worst hydraulic clutch I have ever driven. I almost felt better with the idea that it was a cable clutch. It was easier to explain why it was so bad.

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
I made a post on this but you get the metallic trim on the front doors and silver painted plastic trim on the rear doors with all doors having leather door cards included. On EX-EX-T cloth models you get the silver painted plastic trim up front with cloth door cards and no trim or soft touch points in the back and if you get the LX, you lose the cloth front door card and all 4 doors are hard plastic.

DarkLight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic-2016 LX 6MT
Country flag
Woah. Mind Blown. That would make it -- by far -- the worst hydraulic clutch I have ever driven. I almost felt better with the idea that it was a cable clutch. It was easier to explain why it was so bad.
Check out the thread I made regarding shifter bushings. That is the root cause of the poor shifter engagement. Thankfully it's a cheap fix that almost anyone can DIY.

Draken187

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 accord ex-l sedan, 2016 accord sport sedan, 2006 civic type r (in spain) and 2017 civic sedan ex-t w/manual transmission
Country flag
-Update-

I took the car in to the dealer. The service advisor had some trouble making the tool kit fit in the spare but after 5 minutes he managed to get it to work but still a very tight fit.

The shifter slack is normal. The dealer did not have a sedan manual in stock but have one hatchback LX manual and has the same slack. While the hatchback is made in England and my sedan is made in Canada, the manual transmission in both are made in Inda.

As for the clutch growling, I test drove the hatch and it did not have this issue. I am going to get some miles into my car to see if this will improve over time. If not, I will need to bring it in later.

Does anyone know how long my clutch is warrantied for? I purchased an extended 5yrs/100,000 miles bumper to bumper warranty administered by Warranty Solutions when I bought the car.
Have a 2017 ext sedan m/t no growling from my clutch

Draken187

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 accord ex-l sedan, 2016 accord sport sedan, 2006 civic type r (in spain) and 2017 civic sedan ex-t w/manual transmission
Country flag
Honda hasnt used cables in much more years than most other manufacturers

Draken187

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Check out the thread I made regarding shifter bushings. That is the root cause of the poor shifter engagement. Thankfully it's a cheap fix that almost anyone can DIY.
Want to buy link to this diy....

JS2000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda S2000 , Jeep
Vehicle Showcase
The dealer gave me a ride home in their HR-V shuttle while I was having a spoiler installed, the doors of that vehicle were horrible, never seen door skins so cheap looking, the Civic doors are miles ahead, who cares about rear doors anyhow I never sit back there.

planedoc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 5.0 6mt, 2015 Highlander V6 AWD, 2017 Accord EX coupe 2.4 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
There's a 3 year/36k mile bumper to bumper warranty, and a 5 year/60k mile powertrain warranty. Few warranties will cover the clutch, as that is usually considered a maintenance item.
If you wear the clutch out, or burn it up... not going to be warranty. If it is defective, or breaks in half, 5 year/ 60k powertrain should cover it.
A cable clutch? In this day and age? You gotta be kidding me? Bad Honda! Go to your room!
Bad, bad, bad...