Test Drove Coupe Today - Some Impressions...

bmm245

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T Coupe
Country flag
I've had my Coupe for almost a month and am completely blown away by it in every way. The back seats have tons of room for being a coupe, and I love that it simply looks like nothing else out there on the road. The Sedan is nice as well, don't get me wrong, but I don't want or need two extra doors and the options of a two-door car are fairly slim. This Civic Coupe simply outperformed everything else I considered. I'm not a fan of leather and wasn't in love with the LED headlights, so I'm glad I saved the money and went with an EX-T since the automatic wipers seem to be such a hit or miss thing.

-Brian

Slickone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Le Car
Country flag
I've had my Coupe for almost a month and am completely blown away by it in every way. The back seats have tons of room for being a coupe, and I love that it simply looks like nothing else out there on the road. The Sedan is nice as well, don't get me wrong, but I don't want or need two extra doors and the options of a two-door car are fairly slim. This Civic Coupe simply outperformed everything else I considered. I'm not a fan of leather and wasn't in love with the LED headlights, so I'm glad I saved the money and went with an EX-T since the automatic wipers seem to be such a hit or miss thing.
Mostly a miss, it seems.

Also I've still yet to see a coupe on the road. Nor at the dealer as I drive by it every now and then.
Considering how many Civics they've sold so far, for coupe owners, at least it's good to know that a great majority of the others on the road are sedans. :)

ichii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic coupe and 2011 CR-Z
Country flag
Mostly a miss, it seems.

Also I've still yet to see a coupe on the road. Nor at the dealer as I drive by it every now and then.
Considering how many Civics they've sold so far, for coupe owners, at least it's good to know that a great majority of the others on the road are sedans. :)
Yes, let's keep it that way lol

bmm245

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T Coupe
Country flag
I've yet to see another Coupe on the road, but when I got my EX-T I know my dealership had a white LX-P Coupe in the showroom, so I'd imagine that it sold by now.

-Brian

David Harper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic coupe
Country flag
You should have driven the six-speed manual.If you thought the one you drove was good, the stick is even better. the CVT blows.

So I had my first service today at the dealer, 97xx miles.

They had two coupes on the lot, an energy green EX-T up front and center (of course), and a MSM Touring. I'm trying to compare apples to apples here, so I ask to check out the Touring.

5 minutes later, they hand me the keys, tell me have fun for half an hour. :spaz:

Didn't take it on the highway - too much traffic at that hour. Still found a couple quick twisty roads to wring it out.

That jerkiness that can be present at times under 25 MPH on the sedan? Programmed out. Had absolutely none of it, although it felt like the turbo took longer to kick in. But once it kicked in...this thing definitely felt quicker than the sedan. Maybe its psychological. I gave it a bit of juice, and damn the thing even squealed the tires and had a hint of torque steer. Mind blown.

While the sedan handles quite well for what it is (minus the shitty tires...), the coupe steps it up big time. I swear, for an electric steering setup, it felt amazing, perfect weighting. A bit of a larger rim wheel, and slightly higher quality leather too. This thing is a beast in disguise, and it sad that most people are gonna look over it because its "just a Civic".

Honda Civic 10th gen Test Drove Coupe Today - Some Impressions... 154aoth

Honda Civic 10th gen Test Drove Coupe Today - Some Impressions... eipg1s

Honda Civic 10th gen Test Drove Coupe Today - Some Impressions... xpzrxv

Honda Civic 10th gen Test Drove Coupe Today - Some Impressions... 2vmsj09

Honda Civic 10th gen Test Drove Coupe Today - Some Impressions... 161jbc

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

skittles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Hatchback Sport and 2013 370Z sport
Vehicle Showcase
So I had my first service today at the dealer, 97xx miles.

They had two coupes on the lot, an energy green EX-T up front and center (of course), and a MSM Touring. I'm trying to compare apples to apples here, so I ask to check out the Touring.

5 minutes later, they hand me the keys, tell me have fun for half an hour. :spaz:

Didn't take it on the highway - too much traffic at that hour. Still found a couple quick twisty roads to wring it out.

That jerkiness that can be present at times under 25 MPH on the sedan? Programmed out. Had absolutely none of it, although it felt like the turbo took longer to kick in. But once it kicked in...this thing definitely felt quicker than the sedan. Maybe its psychological. I gave it a bit of juice, and damn the thing even squealed the tires and had a hint of torque steer. Mind blown.

While the sedan handles quite well for what it is (minus the shitty tires...), the coupe steps it up big time. I swear, for an electric steering setup, it felt amazing, perfect weighting. A bit of a larger rim wheel, and slightly higher quality leather too. This thing is a beast in disguise, and it sad that most people are gonna look over it because its "just a Civic".

Honda Civic 10th gen Test Drove Coupe Today - Some Impressions... 154aoth

Honda Civic 10th gen Test Drove Coupe Today - Some Impressions... eipg1s

Honda Civic 10th gen Test Drove Coupe Today - Some Impressions... xpzrxv

Honda Civic 10th gen Test Drove Coupe Today - Some Impressions... 2vmsj09

Honda Civic 10th gen Test Drove Coupe Today - Some Impressions... 161jbc
Love mine. Hope it holds up

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Honda Fit, 2016 Acura MDX, 2006 Acura RSX, 2016 Honda Civic coupe touring
I ordered my WOP Touring coupe three weeks ago and they never could tell me when I could expect to see it. I got pissed with the wait and was going to grab a GTI and told my dealer I would want a refund and what do you know, the next day they found what I want at another dealer so I'll have my car this week. But, they told me when they contacted Honda about my order they were told there would be a four month wait. These cars are really selling!!!

BigBang09

nsbryant09
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT (Former: 2004 Mustang V6, 2008 Civic LX)
Just noticed a Cobalt coupe (might be SS, not sure) in the background. There was one at the last autocross I went to, and only then (and now in that pic) did I realize how similar its side profile is to the Civic coupe's (in a good way!). Definitely an upgrade from 9th gen coupe styling.