Perrin motor mount inserts FK8 with 3" front pipe

xXoVrKiLLXx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R ABM
Anyone that has done this install and can tell me if they had to remove the 3" FP to get the stock motor mount out? I want to be lazy :)
Sponsored

9000RPM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 CTR // '14 Cayenne
Country flag
I have RV6 and had to loosen the FP from DP + the FP rubber hanger.
The bolt will hit if you don't

OP
OP
xXoVrKiLLXx

xXoVrKiLLXx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R ABM
I have RV6 and had to loosen the FP from DP + the FP rubber hanger.
The bolt will hit if you don't
I was hoping that wasnt the case. Had a Hasport on the car some time ago but it and my FP went on the same day so couldnt quite remember. Thank you for the confirmation :)

Last edited:

JJK18

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R CW
Country flag
I did this recently. I was able to get it just by detaching the front of the front pipe where it connects to the downpipe. The front pipe is flexible enough that this was enough to get it out of the way for the motor mount bolt. Having a second set of hands and a lift also makes it much easier.

One word of warning, be careful when reinstalling the rear mount bolt. When I was putting mine back in the threads on the frame it screws in to completely stripped. This was with using a torque wrench and everything. Ended up having to find a longer bolt to pass through the frame threads and just put a nut on the other side.

OP
OP
xXoVrKiLLXx

xXoVrKiLLXx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R ABM
Thanks bro - yah I had a Hasport a while back and it had too myuch NVH for me - so thought the inserts would be a good in between. Not a big pain to do ,the install just a hassle is all. I have been sitting on these things for months now lol.
Sponsored

Last edited: