Hasport fk8 motor mounts

Landen808

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Sport Touring Hatchback
Country flag
I’m curious to know the difference in NVH between just the RMM versus the full kit. Is it that much worse, or not really? I just got the 62A installed this past December, and the increase in NVH doesn’t bother me at all. Also doesn’t bother the girlfriend, so that’s a plus. Wondering if I should make the jump up to the full kit in the future, or just move on to the next upgrade?
Sponsored

Type-JZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 Lexus GS350, B13 Sentra SE-R, '93 Camry, '07 TSX, '13 Odyssey
Country flag
I’m curious to know the difference in NVH between just the RMM versus the full kit. Is it that much worse, or not really? I just got the 62A installed this past December, and the increase in NVH doesn’t bother me at all. Also doesn’t bother the girlfriend, so that’s a plus. Wondering if I should make the jump up to the full kit in the future, or just move on to the next upgrade?
Because it depends on who you ask. Everyone diff. Kinda like asking if everyone likes hot dogs lol. Some couldn’t handle the rmm and went back to stock asap. As for me, got 62a rmm and then went full 62a mounts since I track a lot. NVH doesn’t bother me at all. People has sat in the car and even talked to me while standing outside the car and felt the vibration and said it’s intense. To me it’s more like a 6/10. For what it’s worth, after I installed rigid collars it went down to 5/10 or calmed it a bit.

Landen808

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Sport Touring Hatchback
Country flag
Because it depends on who you ask. Everyone diff. Kinda like asking if everyone likes hot dogs lol. Some couldn’t handle the rmm and went back to stock asap. As for me, got 62a rmm and then went full 62a mounts since I track a lot. NVH doesn’t bother me at all. People has sat in the car and even talked to me while standing outside the car and felt the vibration and said it’s intense. To me it’s more like a 6/10. For what it’s worth, after I installed rigid collars it went down to 5/10 or calmed it a bit.
Interesting you mentioned the rigid collars, because I was also thinking the same thing. I read on here that after installing the collars, the NVH actually decreased. If I go that route, would you recommend installing the rest of the side mounts first, wait for them break in a little, and then install the rigid collars later? Or just install everything at the same time?

Type-JZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Interesting you mentioned the rigid collars, because I was also thinking the same thing. I read on here that after installing the collars, the NVH actually decreased. If I go that route, would you recommend installing the rest of the side mounts first, wait for them break in a little, and then install the rigid collars later? Or just install everything at the same time?
you can just install everything at same time to be more efficient. wait before you get an alignment, do everything at once and align the car. But, don't get the rigid collars to minimize NVH. You may not even notice it if you do everything at once. I got the rigid collars because my subframe was pretty tweaked from me tracking. During install when i removed a couple of bolts, the frame popped in another direction about an inch at least... :D .

Ty3366!!

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic SI
Country flag
This is absolutely perfect. Everyone is different.

I have an Si not an R but, I also have the Hasport full motor mount kit with they're U70A. But, first I had the 27won billet aluminum U90A RMM only. It helped with wheel hop dramatically. But, I needed more stability. I didn't like if you would let off the gas in a turn, you could feel the throttle body really snap shut. And vise versa getting back on it, it would throw you off with how much it kicks. That being said I went with the full kit and I haven't ripped it much yet but I can tell its everything I wanted. For me, I would say the NVH is a 2/10. I barely notice it and like it, kinda want stiffer. I drove my gma to the airport the other day, about a 45 min drive. She didn't say anything about it. But my gma is really cool lol. Depends on if you really want it or not

Snmtazz70

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
500HP 2019 Honda Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I changed the RMM, so I have all three installed. Not that bad at all, and im old!!

Type-JZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
funny someone made this. I made my own spacers back in 2017 & mentioned this issue or all of my issues to hasport hoping they'd correct it. TBH, I don't think much thought went into the trans mount. Don't remember if i posted on here, but i had lots of issues and hasport sent me replacement which didn't work. I made it work and made my spacers. Yes, you'll need them. Just look at the pix in your link and you'll see why you need them or what happens if you don't. I didn't check if my engine was level or whatnot. The first read flag was the flange of the Hasport mount is thinner vs oem and the nut basically bottoms out. I was able to torque it, but i wasn't comfortable with it so i made the spacers.
Fwd to 5 years later and multiple track days, everything still good. but i'm checking it after every track day.

NYR2424

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
funny someone made this. I made my own spacers back in 2017 & mentioned this issue or all of my issues to hasport hoping they'd correct it. TBH, I don't think much thought went into the trans mount. Don't remember if i posted on here, but i had lots of issues and hasport sent me replacement which didn't work. I made it work and made my spacers. Yes, you'll need them. Just look at the pix in your link and you'll see why you need them or what happens if you don't. I didn't check if my engine was level or whatnot. The first read flag was the flange of the Hasport mount is thinner vs oem and the nut basically bottoms out. I was able to torque it, but i wasn't comfortable with it so i made the spacers.
Fwd to 5 years later and multiple track days, everything still good. but i'm checking it after every track day.
Crap. This is disconcerting, but thank you for your feedback. To clarify, you were having issues with what exactly? The install or issues with hood rubbing after the install without the spacers?

Type-JZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Crap. This is disconcerting, but thank you for your feedback. To clarify, you were having issues with what exactly? The install or issues with hood rubbing after the install without the spacers?
My initial bracket hit the trans. It didn't clear and the holes were all misaligned. I messaged Hasport on fb and they were quick to reply admitting "sorry, growing pains" and sent me a replacement within a week. The 2nd one looked completely different; welds were in diff locations, overall construction seemed to be diff (for the better). Holes were still misaligned, but at least it didn't touch the trans this time. I told them again, but they weren't that responsive this time. I didn't want to wait anymore, so I just slotted all the holes and made things work per above. If you search around, quite a few post issues on fb groups. Some even said the 3 bolts snapped off short term use..etc. You can check my ig: @dajay23 for pictures of my issues. In general, most people don't seem to have issues, but i don't know if they did the install themselves or just gave it to someone to install and never noticed the details or issues.
I never had issues w/ hood clearance.

ehCobra

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SGP Civic Type-R
Country flag
Adding the other 2 mounts after the RMM increased the NVH more than I expected (and certainly more than the RMM), but to me it's fine.

NYR2424

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
My initial bracket hit the trans. It didn't clear and the holes were all misaligned. I messaged Hasport on fb and they were quick to reply admitting "sorry, growing pains" and sent me a replacement within a week. The 2nd one looked completely different; welds were in diff locations, overall construction seemed to be diff (for the better). Holes were still misaligned, but at least it didn't touch the trans this time. I told them again, but they weren't that responsive this time. I didn't want to wait anymore, so I just slotted all the holes and made things work per above. If you search around, quite a few post issues on fb groups. Some even said the 3 bolts snapped off short term use..etc. You can check my ig: @dajay23 for pictures of my issues. In general, most people don't seem to have issues, but i don't know if they did the install themselves or just gave it to someone to install and never noticed the details or issues.
I never had issues w/ hood clearance.
Ok. I requested on IG. Yes the holes were a pain to align and took some manipulation. Mines in there pretty solid, but now you have me a bit concerned. Perhaps should get the spacers.

ksun003

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 FK8
Country flag
Hi all, on the subject of hasport mounts, my mechanic sent me this video below showing considerable gap and paly between the bushing and the bracket. I've read that it's normal and as you tighten it to torque the bracket will close in on the mount. Is this correct? I'm a bit concerned about the change in bracket's integrity - just wanted to see if your experiences were the same with your installs. Thank you.

ctrsg

First Name
CTR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
Hi all, on the subject of hasport mounts, my mechanic sent me this video below showing considerable gap and paly between the bushing and the bracket. I've read that it's normal and as you tighten it to torque the bracket will close in on the mount. Is this correct? I'm a bit concerned about the change in bracket's integrity - just wanted to see if your experiences were the same with your installs. Thank you.
Think your bracelet is defective?