Perrin "what to expect" motor mount inserts

Phy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Civic HB ST, '18 Civic HB EX, '04 Ford Ranger
Country flag
It’s the fact that AC uses a lot of power. If it’s super hot out it’ll put a decent load on the motor.
It only vibrates bad at low RPM, so other than developing a complicated variable strength absorber then only real fix I guess would be changing the idle RPM to something a little higher. That said, would it be possible to have the idle RPM only change when the AC is on?
Sponsored

Centripetal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 RSX Type S, 2017 Civic Type R
Country flag
If one increases low end torque, that would help reduce vibration. At higher RPM, there is higher torque, which is why it’s not noticeable. Consequently, some mods may decrease low end torque, therefore making it worse.

OP
OP
JCramin

JCramin

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan- Daughter 2012 Civic Coupe - Son 1999 Civic Coupe
Country flag
If one increases low end torque, that would help reduce vibration. At higher RPM, there is higher torque, which is why it’s not noticeable. Consequently, some mods may decrease low end torque, therefore making it worse.

To add to that. I can say when I added the K&N intake I did loose some low end torque. It was noticeable. BUT I gained mid and high HP.

This morning it was mid 70's in Memphis and little humidity and I noticed almost zero vibration with the A/C on as usual.

piterek

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatch Sport Touring, 2010 Subaru Forester, 2015 Yamaha FJ-09
Country flag
The insert makes the car feel more responsive and provides great feedback, but the vibration issue with AC running is real. Degree of vibration will depend on the load. It is more significant when the AC is working hard to bring temps down, but gets calmer when the system is just maintaining temperature.

Now that I am experimenting with KTuner, I raised the idle RPM to 770 (from 725). When AC comes on, the ECU looks to be bumping the RPM to ~790, and that's enough to make the issue go away. Happy camper now.

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 M2, 2022 Audi RS3, ex2019, now 2021Type R!
Country flag
The insert makes the car feel more responsive and provides great feedback, but the vibration issue with AC running is real. Degree of vibration will depend on the load. It is more significant when the AC is working hard to bring temps down, but gets calmer when the system is just maintaining temperature.

Now that I am experimenting with KTuner, I raised the idle RPM to 770 (from 725). When AC comes on, the ECU looks to be bumping the RPM to ~790, and that's enough to make the issue go away. Happy camper now.
That's an awesome solve!

V3N0M_VZL4

First Name
Mauricio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic SI
Country flag
just FYI guys with the hardrace i can't fell any disconfort is almost OEM you can fell just a litle bit when you go in reverse but not a big deal.

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 M2, 2022 Audi RS3, ex2019, now 2021Type R!
Country flag
just FYI guys with the hardrace i can't fell any disconfort is almost OEM you can fell just a litle bit when you go in reverse but not a big deal.
Same for me with the Perrin honestly - I've had it for months now and love it NVH is minimal - only when at a stop with heavy AC and even then it's 1 out of 4 times? It's a great add imo.

ATM

First Name
ATM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
Can Perrin RMM be installed under jack stands height or recommended to install under a lift?

Phy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Civic HB ST, '18 Civic HB EX, '04 Ford Ranger
Country flag
Can Perrin RMM be installed under jack stands height or recommended to install under a lift?
High enough to get under the car, whether that's standing or on your back. I used jack stands.

Fit2Hatch

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Hatchback Sport
Country flag

I installed CTR RMM first on my Sport, zero NVH. After adding Perrin with all the supplied grease on inserts, NVH on first gear take off. Both condition while under OEM set 725ish RPM, AC on/off.

While Phearable OTS increase RPM to 780'ish - NVH on take off is still the same. Take off NVH are minimal and certainly livable. But I do missed simply CTR's responsiveness on the Sport. So I might revert back.

By the way, unlike OEM analog RPM gauge, Ktuner V2 RPM is digital, so my RPM read out are not EXACTLY at 725 or 780, both fluctuates.

ValkenDnB

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
I installed CTR RMM first on my Sport, zero NVH. After adding Perrin with all the supplied grease on inserts, NVH on first gear take off. Both condition while under OEM set 725ish RPM, AC on/off.

While Phearable OTS increase RPM to 780'ish - NVH on take off is still the same. Take off NVH are minimal and certainly livable. But I do missed simply CTR's responsiveness on the Sport. So I might revert back.

By the way, unlike OEM analog RPM gauge, Ktuner V2 RPM is digital, so my RPM read out are not EXACTLY at 725 or 780, both fluctuates.
The only other RMM that might have less NVH than Perrin, is the hard race since they use some kind of more flexible/durable material. Also the white line inserts are supposed to have less NVH than Perrin since it’s a one piece design.

BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R, 2006 Mazda 6
Country flag
Installed my Perrin insert the other day on my CTR. Minimal in cabin vibration, much more livable than with say the hasport 62A. It got rid of the wheel hop on the streets and shifting is definitely more connected feeling and quick.
I tried it out at the drag strip however and it doesn’t get rid of wheel hop at all on a prepped surfaced unfortunately.
I am running 255/40/18 pilot sports 4s and made no different at the TRACK before and after insert.

Fit2Hatch

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Hatchback Sport
Country flag
The only other RMM that might have less NVH than Perrin, is the hard race since they use some kind of more flexible/durable material. Also the white line inserts are supposed to have less NVH than Perrin since it’s a one piece design.
So decided to give Whiteline one piece a go. It’s 92A, I suppose more flex only having one side where Perrin two half is 62A but ended up less flex.

Free shipping + tax, $19.60 EBay is hard to beat to see if that works for me.

Unity Performance

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Website
unity-performance.com
Vehicle(s)
Current Fleet: 18 Si, 20 FK8, 23 FL5
Country flag
We've tested them all on our 3 builds, here's our take on it:

Whiteline Insert: one-piece design, slides into any 6MT Civic mount. It's the softest of the bunch, could pass as an OEM upgrade. The lightest shake in Reverse, not much else. Great for those looking for an inexpensive mod to get better feeling shifts.
https://unity-performance.com/products/whiteline-rear-motor-mount-bushing

Perrin w/CTR Mount: Surprisingly this has slightly less NVH at idle with AC On, setting off in 1st, or Reverse than the Perrin w/Si Mount. Both are what we consider OEM+ upgrades, it's a two-piece design with each inserting into the mount from either side. Perrin are easier to place in the motor mount vs. the Whiteline Insert that requires a bit of force.
Perrin Si: https://unity-performance.com/products/perrin-rmm-insert-2016-civic-1-5t-6mt
Perrin CTR: https://unity-performance.com/products/perrin-rmm-insert-2017-civic-type-r

Hasport 62a: You're getting serious about performance rear motor mounts, this one's an entry-level full replacement. It's good for those looking to reduce wheel hop, NVH will be present at idle, and setting off in 1st or reverse.

Whiteline 85a: New offering to the market, well engineered and Whiteline sent us a unit for feedback back in October. At this level you're pretty serious about your build, and will be able to live with some interior panel shake when at idle, and setting off in 1st or Reverse. If you're lugging the engine below 2k rpm, and accelerate you will feel some NVH as well. Shifts feel solid, and there's zero wheel hop. Highway cruising the NVH in 5th and 6th isn't that noticeable, it's daily-able for a street and track build. This is currently on our Blue Si:
https://unity-performance.com/products/whiteline-rear-motor-mount-rmm-all-civic

27won 90a: the most aggressive RMM, well engineered, and the most focused one on the market for performance. You will feel NVH at pretty much any RPM, not everyone can tolerate it but in return it provides the best driver-feel, and extremely solid shifts. https://store.27won.com/10th-gen-civic-rear-motor-mount.html
Sponsored