Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Sedan - Aegean Blue Metallic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I jumped back and forth between the insert options between perrin and whiteline. Ordered the whiteline recently and is on backorder or 4-5 weeks which is no big deal to me. Only cost $20 with their recent discount code. Reading the feedback on the perrin I think the two are good options for people looking for mild upgrade.
Did you install the Whiteline insert already on your CTR?

Just want to confirm that Whiteline will indeed fit the CTR RMM? The Perrin Inserts, you get two bushings in the package vs. 1 bushing for the Whiteline.
Sponsored

ValkenDnB

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
Still think something is loose on yours bud - check it out sooner rather than later - I have nowhere close to the vibration levels you're describing ever.
i will check in 2 weeks when I get back to California from Washington. I’ll update with the o ring lubricant.

CincyTypeR

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R #0426. 2014 Accord Coupe V6
Country flag
Did you install the Whiteline insert already on your CTR?

Just want to confirm that Whiteline will indeed fit the CTR RMM? The Perrin Inserts, you get two bushings in the package vs. 1 bushing for the Whiteline.
Haven't got around to it sadly. Don't see why it wouldn't fit and believe there is a few others with the whiteline.

hpbyhermann

First Name
Hermann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Championship white Type R #25133, 09' Civic SI sedan, black 2013 Boss 302 Laguna Seca, 1993 Mustang Cobra, 2004 Mustang Cobra
Country flag
Just reporting back on this mod that I installed last year in November. I still love this setup. The only time I remember it's there is when I'm idling in traffic with the air conditioning blasting. Then it is still very slight. I also still don't notice any wheel hop and it holds up nice to when I occasionally speed shift through the gears from a dig. Just awesome for the price!

V3N0M_VZL4

First Name
Mauricio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic SI
Country flag
This insert's can be installed on the CVT version, since the rear motor mount is the same across the civic models? i just want to make sure before buy.

ATM

First Name
ATM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
Any updates? Contemplating $35 poly inserts with vibrations vs HardRace $126 rubber RMM.

Last edited:

V3N0M_VZL4

First Name
Mauricio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic SI
Country flag
I order the hardrace I have plans to install it next Saturday on my civic sport 2019

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 M2, 2022 Audi RS3, ex2019, now 2021Type R!
Country flag
Any updates? Contemplating $35 poly inserts with vibrations vs HardRace $126 rubber RMM.
I've run my Perrin for a while now and have no plans to change it.

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
hows the infamous vibrations?
Really minimal, if noticeable at all most times tbh. Sometimes if it's hot out and the AC is full blast it gets some but even then it's not like teeth shaking. Like a bit rumbly? I did install mine with a lot of lube or whatever inside of it which may be mitigating some vibration compared to others. (search my post history I have talked about it here and there)

OP
OP
JCramin

JCramin

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan- Daughter 2012 Civic Coupe - Son 1999 Civic Coupe
Country flag
Well I have had mine in for a while now. I also have a K&N Intake and a Ktuner.

When it is HOT and HUMID and the A/C is on in Memphis I get A LOT of vibration from the PERRIN when I am at a dead stop.

I mean my RADIO screen vibrates and my mirrors vibrate. The engine vibrates so much that if I let the clutch out just a little too soon before the revs stop the vibration the engine wants to vibrate even more.

BUT this only happens on very hot and humid Memphis days when the temp are 95+.

SO the temp and humidity along with the K&N intake and PERRIN combination is probably all working together to give me so much vibration.

I can turn the A/C off and there is zero vibration.

V3N0M_VZL4

First Name
Mauricio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic SI
Country flag
Well here in Florida the AC is mandatory LOL the heat is no joke for that reason i pick the Hardrace instead of the hasport, im keeping the original just in case.

Last edited:

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

When it is HOT and HUMID and the A/C is on in Memphis I get A LOT of vibration from the PERRIN when I am at a dead stop.

I mean my RADIO screen vibrates and my mirrors vibrate. The engine vibrates so much that if I let the clutch out just a little too soon before the revs stop the vibration the engine wants to vibrate even more.

SO the temp and humidity along with the K&N intake and PERRIN combination is probably all working together to give me so much vibration.

Do you have any other modifications? That's crazy more vibration than I have - you should check your bolts are still tight and maybe add some additional grease in there.

I've had mine for a few months now and it's barely noticeable. Even when it does get vibration it is infrequent and really only happens when at a stop and rarely at that with the AC on.

Good luck - but anyone that is stock with a Perrin insert and having a ton of vibration - I don't believe that should be normal based on my experience. Good luck all

P.S. I'm in Houston - so it's hot as hell here so AC is definitely being used.

Phy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Civic HB ST, '18 Civic HB EX, '04 Ford Ranger
Country flag

Wonder if some engineer type could figure out a way to dampen the vibration from the AC. I don't have 1000 miles on my inserts yet, but like everyone else I only get noticeable vibration with the AC on.

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
Wonder if some engineer type could figure out a way to dampen the vibration from the AC. I don't have 1000 miles on my inserts yet, but like everyone else I only get noticeable vibration with the AC on.
It’s the fact that AC uses a lot of power. If it’s super hot out it’ll put a decent load on the motor.
Sponsored