noah.fk7

First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Hello. I own an FK7 (username might be obvious) and have a question regarding performance mods. I currently have a borla catback, RV6 catted dp w/fp combo, PRL CAI street maf, and a Ktuner. I'm planning on adding an intercooler w/upgraded charge pipes and inlet pipe. Will adding an intercooler and inlet pipe (PRL for both) and all my other mods added be okay running without touching the fuel system? The fuel in my area is capped at 91 OCT, so before I keep buying performance mods, I want to be sure the car will be okay without running a different fuel. I also plan on getting a custom tune if that will help with my plan. Any input on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Sponsored

Savannah@TSP

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twostepperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
'23 Si, '20 FC4 (sold)
Country flag
Hey OP,

Welcome to CivicX.

Looks like you've got a solid start on the modifications. Can you let me know what tune you're running? Generally speaking, you should be fine to add those mods, but I'd like to verify the tune first.

As for the potential new mods: I'd recommend getting that intercooler with charge pipes on first. The 1.5T is so prone to heat soak and that combo would really help to combat that. After you've got that on, definitely go for the inlet pipe.

Last edited:

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Your limitation will mostly be that 91 octane you run. Even the OTS tunes from TSP and Phearable run better on 93+. One option to stabilize your knock control on 91 is adding a gallon of E85 per tank.

Going with a custom from D-Rob or John Vega would be the best bet once you get all your mods installed. They'll create the right tune for your mods and octane and they can set up the tune to protect those problematic hatchback rods.

Last edited:

CivicOops

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport Hatch 6MT
Country flag
Yes that selection of parts is fine on 91. It's unlikely you will be able to max out the fuel system on the stock turbo and MAP sensor.

Once you get the intercooler I would probably recommend a custom tune to get the most out of those parts, but it's not strictly necessary. I will also note that you will see little to no benefit from adding the turbo inlet pipe on a stock turbo. It's really designed to be used with bigger turbos.