Oil Dilution TSB

CivicChina

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5t 6MT Cosmic Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have heard that China imposes certain days where a specific number sequence on the license plate means you cannot drive your car. Does this sometimes happen and do you have to use a train instead or another car?
that is in Beijing, here in Xiamen ithappens only a few days a year during exhibitions or other events. We have another car in the family with the even number, i specifically choose my plate to be able to swich cars in these occasions.
Sponsored

IDriveACivic

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Touring Sedan
Country flag
There's a huge racket going on at the CRV forum.

Is there anything conclusive regarding the 1.5T in the Civic; particularly in the North American market?

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
As mentioned earlier, this is a side effect of Direct Injection. This seems more prevalent with owners who do shorter trips and/or operate in colder climates. The good news is that our oil readouts have shown little evidence of premature wear or loss in viscosity. But we don't have enough cumulative mileage on these powertrains to know what the long term impact might be.

If you're really concerned about it, you can step up to a full synthetic with higher stability. But if you're stock and following the Maintenance Minder, the consensus thus far is that you're fine.

Last edited:

MyFirstHonda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
@CivicChina Where are the 1.5 L engines assembled that are in CR-Vs and Civics sold in China?

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

MyFirstHonda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag

MyFirstHonda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
According to my window sticker that’s where the hatch engines are made too.
I looked at a Civic Hatchback Sport today and the window sticker stated the engine originated innThailand.

CivicChina

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
@CivicChina Where are the 1.5 L engines assembled that are in CR-Vs and Civics sold in China?
everything is made in china, the numbers are high enough to justify local production.
We don't have a detailed window sticker like in america so i am not 100% sure about the manual transmission but engine and cvt are produced here.

jeb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 LX Hatch 6MT, 15 Forester Limited w/tech
Country flag
I looked at a Civic Hatchback Sport today and the window sticker stated the engine originated innThailand.
Yeah, as the hatch is made in the UK, apparently the engines come from Thailand or a small amount from one of Japan’s engine factories as per my dealer.

MyFirstHonda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
everything is made in china, the numbers are high enough to justify local production.
We don't have a detailed window sticker like in america so i am not 100% sure about the manual transmission but engine and cvt are produced here.
Thanks for your response. I’m interested in a Civic Hatchback Sport but this matter concerns me.

CivicChina

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks for your response. I’m interested in a Civic Hatchback Sport but this matter concerns me.
chinese parts are only for local cars, except for some plastic trim pieces and electronics of course, which may be sourced from China even if the car is produced in uk or usa.

OP
OP

absolude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
KW SC 2007 CSX Type S, 2023 PWP Si
Country flag
Does anyone know if the fix was done to a number of vehicles and how they perform after?

CivicChina

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Does anyone know if the fix was done to a number of vehicles and how they perform after?
Nothing has been done yet, Honda is still working to find the solution. I have to say that my car doesn't show the problem anymore since I start right away after turning the engine on and keep the revs a little bit higher to warm up the fluids in a shorter time. I also push over 5000 rpm at least once on each drive to raise the temperature of the oil, so the fuel can evaporate as intended by honda.

OP
OP

absolude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
KW SC 2007 CSX Type S, 2023 PWP Si
Country flag
Hope it's a warming up issue only.
Thanks for chiming in.
Sponsored