Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BB CTR, '23 SO 4Runner TRD Pro
Country flag
Rolling with a Boost Blue FL5….also ran into an Apex Blue S2K CR

F26A24BF-9D5D-4AD4-892E-70AC1552C153.jpeg

130FF922-FA3E-4453-9C44-343BEB96D0A1.jpeg

8F5D5AD5-2C0F-4030-A037-770E3830928A.jpeg
Yes! Been itching to see side by side pics of a boost blue FK8/FL5. The apex blue CR is a cherry on top of that sundae :thumbsup:

Any side view shots of the two together? Interested to see how the proportions actually relate by eye because the FL5 actually looks smaller/better proportioned in walk around videos versus how it looks in some of the press shots.

RickyJeezus

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R
Country flag
Yes! Been itching to see side by side pics of a boost blue FK8/FL5. The apex blue CR is a cherry on top of that sundae :thumbsup:

Any side view shots of the two together? Interested to see how the proportions actually relate by eye because the FL5 actually looks smaller/better proportioned in walk around videos versus how it looks in some of the press shots.
These are about the best shots I got…but in person your eye flows through the FL5 much more easily than the FK8. As far as size goes you can tell the FL5 is a bit bigger, mostly due to the widened fenders which you can’t really see in photos. The boost blue almost looks a little different as well, and the owner and I chalked it up to the painting possibly being done in a different facility than the FK8. I’d also say since there are less cuts and creases in the body you see different angles of the color that you wouldn’t see on the FK8. Initial impressions of build quality seemed very good as well, I did not spot any weird panel gaps or imperfections with the paint. I’d say a step above the FK8 in that department. Overall I am pleased with the way boost blue looked on the FL5 as I wasn’t convinced at first. Was definitely turning heads up in the canyons…it would start with “oh there’s an FK8…OH there’s and FL5”

Owner did mention a small issue that some other FL5 owners had mentioned, up in the canyons in the corners the seat bolsters were creaking. We will wait and see what happens with that. Otherwise he is over the moon.