VashTheStampede

First Name
Nope
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8, FK7, EG2
Country flag
Ok, so I’ve never encountered a value at PID 63, engine reference torque, for any other car. I’ve looked about 2 dozen random vehicles, and not encountered it. Never. Stock Type R, this is from the OBD Fusion App - is this accurate? Is Honda just saying “Yeah, 328lb ft.”

2020 Type R - Stock. 6000 Miles.
Honda Civic 10th gen OBD PID Question - My Type R has a listed Torque Value D4F13A9A-A396-4710-95B2-EBCD9AF07A73
Sponsored

OP
OP
VashTheStampede

VashTheStampede

First Name
Nope
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8, FK7, EG2
Country flag
For those wondering, this works out the 295lb-ft at the wheels if you estimate a low 10% drivetrain loss. Interesting coincidence considering that’s what the R is rated at in Honda’s literature.
Thought this was odd, and wanted to share with other R owners.

kefi

oh shit waddup its dat boi
Threads
Reaction score
Website
fk8.clinic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
The Type R has a Bosch ECU that uses torque management to control the engine outputs. It also has a reference torque value for determining some of the outputs. I wasn’t aware it was present in the OBD2 readout but not surprising. I assume it’s static?

OP
OP
VashTheStampede

VashTheStampede

First Name
Nope
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8, FK7, EG2
Country flag
The Type R has a Bosch ECU that uses torque management to control the engine outputs. It also has a reference torque value for determining some of the outputs. I wasn’t aware it was present in the OBD2 readout but not surprising. I assume it’s static?
Absolutely static- I haven’t seen this on any of the other 3 FK8s I’ve looked at, all were pre-2020 refresh models. My FK7 also doesn’t have that PID. It’s a little odd.

OP
OP
VashTheStampede

VashTheStampede

First Name
Nope
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8, FK7, EG2
Country flag
Wonder if tuning would cause that value to change ?
Im unsure - I assume, after some research, it’s been set by the factory, and likely with an engine dyno. I’m not sure if each engine is set that way, or if it’s the average of a batch.

So, I guess that means that Honda simply knows they’re underrating their engines and are totally fine with it.
Sponsored