Type R listed for under MSRP

JYR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
8th gen Si
Country flag
We are a week into the launch and there is a TypeR on AutoTrader for less than MSRP, several for MSRP.

"This car will be incredible difficult to source"
"OMG, the demand for this car will be so crazy"
"You will have to spend over MSRP to obtain this car"

I haven't called them to confirm, nor do I have any connections to this location, just a random find on AutoTrader.

$33,575
http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...archRadius=0&makeCode1=HONDA&modelCode1=CIVIC
Sponsored

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MX-5 Miata GT-S, 2021 Ridgeline RTL-E
Country flag
Like most of these situations, when you get there you'll find ADM or grossly-inflated accessory prices added to the vehicle. Salespeople will even tell you "no markups", then when you go sign the paperwork it changes. It's a ruthless business.

youCTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1292 CW Civic Type R
Country flag
LOL I noticed this too on cars.com last week. My dealer even listed my car $1,500 UNDER MSRP. I texted my sales rep about it and he removed ALL listings IMMEDIATELY :rofl: Yeah...there's no way he was going to sell the CTR to me for that price but it was funny to see. I'm sure a lot of these dealers have an auto-post function when cars get populated into their system and some probably auto-post Civics (even CTRs) at a certain percentage below MSRP.

Vdeity86

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
350z Anniversary Edition(sold), Accord, #1220 CTR
Country flag
LOL I noticed this too on cars.com last week. My dealer even listed my car $1,500 UNDER MSRP. I texted my sales rep about it and he removed ALL listings IMMEDIATELY :rofl: Yeah...there's no way he was going to sell the CTR to me for that price but it was funny to see. I'm sure a lot of these dealers have an auto-post function when cars get populated into their system and some probably auto-post Civics (even CTRs) at a certain percentage below MSRP.
Yup, that's how it works. I know cuz I called like 10 of those posts lol

|-Goku-|

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda Speed3
Country flag
I just spoke with the dealer. This one is already presold, their system automatically posts cars when they arrive.

ayau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Country flag
For those that paid 5-10k over ADM, was it worth it to get it a couple weeks earlier? Rhetorical question, don't answer.

ayau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Country flag
Also, I don't know if it's just my area, but these dealers asking for ADM don't even have the car yet. They can ask whatever amount they want, but until they have the car their possession, they don't really know the difference between the talkers and the buyers.
Sponsored