breloomed

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Hey everyone, I am a happy owner of a new coupe, and I have driven 7200 miles on it so far. The car is fantastic and I am slowly getting integrated into the enthusiast community due to my friends and my own research.

My main question is, if I get a FlashPro and use the lowest +6 psi stage map from Hondata, will I have to worry about any issues with my warranty?
I know that at the end of the day it comes down to me taking the risk vs. reward on this, but I know that you guys will have some solid advice. All I want is to have a little more fun with my car, and I think this is a great way to do it. I have seen many posts from gtman, seeing as they hold a master thread of tuning and reliability. I am able to flash to ECU back to stock before taking it in to a dealer if I need to, right? Also, how big is the real risk of doing this while under warranty? I don't drive aggressively; I just like to have some fun every now and then.

Over time, I'm planning on getting an intake and a new exhaust system, but I just want to know if there is any big risks right now that I haven't accounted for.

Thanks for any advice, and I am glad to get myself in the enthusiast community.
Sponsored

Last edited:

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
The short answer is, it's a safe tune and the risk/reward is worth it, no doubt. If you do go with Hondata (versus the more popular KTuner) use the special "Hondata Mode" setup. That way, you'll have your +6 tune and when you press the Econ button on, you'll switch to a near stock, lower power tune.

As far as basic tunes and warranty risk, I just wrote a topic today that might interest you:

https://www.civicx.com/forum/threads/tuning-a-10th-gen-daily-driver-just-do-it.65345/

OP
OP
breloomed

breloomed

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
The short answer is, it's a safe tune and the risk/reward is worth it, no doubt. If you do go with Hondata (versus the more popular KTuner) use the special "Hondata Mode" setup. That way, you'll have your +6 tune and when you press the Econ button on, you'll switch to a near stock, lower power tune.

As far as basic tunes and warranty risk, I just wrote a topic today that might interest you:

https://www.civicx.com/forum/threads/tuning-a-10th-gen-daily-driver-just-do-it.65345/
After searching through so many different old threads over the past week, I should have just read through the most recent ones. Thank you for your opinion man, I definitely feel at ease after reading through that thread.
Sponsored