Need Quick Leather Cleaner (NOT Some Conditioner Process) So My Kids Can Clean Their Fast Food Mess

civilian

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
My teen driving sons and their friends are making my Civic Touring’s leather seats messy every few days and I need a spray-on product that can quickly get up fast food grease, french fry salt, hamburger bun seeds, buffalo chicken sauce, and semi-dried Mountain Dew fast.

Don’t tell me about products that require multiple steps, a cleaning phase then a conditioning phase, etc. I have no time for that.

I need something for my kids to use to clean up after themselves that is like Windex for leather car seats. 5 seconds at most. Spray, wipe once, walk away.

What’s the recommendation for Civic X leather? Thanks.
Sponsored

ExVTEC

First Name
Elliot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
I use a microfiber in hot water. Soak up hot water, ring it out leaving it damp and start wiping. Built up ketchup, bbq sauce I use a spray bottle with hot/warm water.
Once all the junk is clean you can follow up with a leather cleaner/conditioner if you want.
It's not a good idea to use a "cleaner" if you have all the crap you mentioned. Always get the junk off before introducing any chemicals/cleaner on leather.
If it's really bad make sure you have a few microfiber rags handy and some elbow grease.

Oh and charge them $10 every time you find the car dirty. You'll get it back clean every time :D

OP
OP
civilian

civilian

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Take the car from him until he understands to respect your shit...done
Yes, that's the best solution I know, but one of my boys needs the car to get to/from work and the other to get to/from school so it's not that simple.

Instead, I want to be the dad that teaches them to respect their cars and keep them clean on their own. So a down-and-dirty quick and safe method of cleaning the leather seats must be found.

In the trunk I've placed Sprayway for the windows, Formula 409 for the plastics, and __________ for the leather seats. I need something quick, something that's a spray, and something I can throw in the trunk so they can tend to their messes themselves and not ruin the leather in the process.

OP
OP
civilian

civilian

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
I use a microfiber in hot water. Soak up hot water, ring it out leaving it damp and start wiping. Built up ketchup, bbq sauce I use a spray bottle with hot/warm water.
Once all the junk is clean you can follow up with a leather cleaner/conditioner if you want.
It's not a good idea to use a "cleaner" if you have all the crap you mentioned. Always get the junk off before introducing any chemicals/cleaner on leather.
If it's really bad make sure you have a few microfiber rags handy and some elbow grease.

Oh and charge them $10 every time you find the car dirty. You'll get it back clean every time :D
Thanks, and that's a method I've used on my BMW's over the years, but I need a quick solution for my boys that doesn't involve coming into the house, turning on the faucet, waiting for it to get warm, putting it in a container, bringing it back outside, etc.

I need something I buy at a store in a spray bottle that I can keep in the trunk and have them whip out with a cloth and clean the leather seats in under 10 seconds. Sprayway works that way for the windows. Formula 409 works that way for the plastics. There surely must be a 10 second leather cleaning product, no?

86salmon

It's Hedley, Hedley Lamarr!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si sedan, 2001 Nissan Frontier
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Is Scotchgard pre treat with soap and water for clean up out of fashion?

ExVTEC

First Name
Elliot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
I've seen armor all has a selection of wipes in autozone maybe there's one for your specific application.

racer

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si sedan.
Country flag
Seat covers?

.. No kid will ever clean anything.. and you mention you cant take the car away due to various needs. Seat covers. And steering wheel cover... and a blanket over the console.. lol ;)

Sorry nothing else helpful here

OP
OP
civilian

civilian

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen Need Quick Leather Cleaner (NOT Some Conditioner Process) So My Kids Can Clean Their Fast Food Mess SPI22016

Anyone ever try this? Looks like the answer to my prayers, it’s one cleaner that can do it all including leather seats.

TypeSiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, Fit, MX-5, CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Seat covers and hand vac.

brienp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Leather Honey cleaner. They've been in business for something like 5 decades, making leather cleaner and conditioner. The small bottle is concentrated. Mix it into a 32 oz spray bottle once and you're good to go. Spray on, wipe off. Its designed to work on leather and vinyl as well as coated leather. (hint, your seats are not leather like leather shoes or jackets, nearly all automotive interiors that are leather are coated leather, even high end luxury cars). Leather Honey also makes a conditioner if you want it but its not necessary. Just use the cleaner, spray it on, wipe it off.

https://www.amazon.com/Leather-Clea...honey+cleaner&qid=1563333515&s=gateway&sr=8-3
Sponsored