Buying new tires for my Civic Ex, Need some help!

Jens_sedanEX18

First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Ex
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hey guys, (and gals) so I’m interested in buying some a/s tires for my Civic. There’s nothing wrong with my tires I have now. Not even sure how many miles it’s been put on them but I believe their Firestone brand. I think they’re the stock ones? I’ve had my car since June but I’m looking at getting some new ones to reduce the noise and have better handling taking corners. I’ve never bought tires myself, I’ve always had my dad replace my tires for me because he knew which ones would go first. But I wanna go ahead and upgrade. Is there anything I should be considering or looking out for? I live in FL and being that it rains a lot and doesn’t even snow here, idk if I should get the a/s tires. But I would like some better tires.

what do you recommend? My car isn’t for track days, just daily commuting back and forth to work. Also, when I move to my parents, my commute to work will be increased by 35 minutes or so. Right now it’s only 20 minutes. So I’m definitely looking at that aspect. Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Jens_sedanEX18

Jens_sedanEX18

First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Ex
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You may have hundred of good answers.

1- Tire brand ; It is often a matter of taste
2- Price

I switch to Michelin Defender

Look Tire / Weels sub-forum

https://www.civicx.com/forum/forums/wheels-tires.16/
Well I’m not spending more than $500-$600 on tires. I don’t just want the “ok” thread but something that’s going to last for a good while. mainly just seeing what people have on their Civic Ex models.

latole

Civic Lx 2018 Manual , Civic LX 2016 Manual
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Look at the Tire / Wheels subforum

For $500-$600 you may not find better tires than originals

zspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback FK7
Country flag
Well I’m not spending more than $500-$600 on tires. I don’t just want the “ok” thread but something that’s going to last for a good while. mainly just seeing what people have on their Civic Ex models.
So you wanted something in the range of $500-$600 for a whole set? I wouldn’t sacrifice tires since they play an important role for safety like the brake system.

OP
OP
Jens_sedanEX18

Jens_sedanEX18

First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Ex
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Look at the Tire / Wheels subforum

For $500-$600 you may not find better tires than originals
I was looking at some Michelins and something else last night, found them in one of the the sub thread it was a/s something. Idk I can’t recall
So you wanted something in the range of $500-$600 for a whole set? I wouldn’t sacrifice tires since they play an important role for safety like the brake system.
I saw some Michelin’s on some discount tire or tires plus for $500 for the four but now you’re right. I never bought tires so I honestly don’t know what I’m looking for!

zspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I saw some Michelin’s on some discount tire or tires plus for $500 for the four but now you’re right. I never bought tires so I honestly don’t know what I’m looking for!
What’s the specification of your tire? Buying tires in a wholesale club is even better due to the discount and warranty that they give. That’s what I did when I bought a whole set of Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+ from Costco.

OP
OP
Jens_sedanEX18

Jens_sedanEX18

First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Ex
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
What’s the specification of your tire? Buying tires in a wholesale club is even better due to the discount and warranty that they give. That’s what I did when I bought a whole set of Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+ from Costco.
P215/55R16 and we have a Costco here too but I’m a BJs club member. Just want some good reliable tires that’s all. Didn’t think this was going to be a hard one to knock a home run out of the ballpark.

latole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
First what tire do you have now ?
Brand , model size

Original tires are safe you don't need to by other tires

Derek.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport HB 6MT, 1996 Accord EX 4dr 5MT
Country flag
I've had good experience with Continental ExtremeContact DWS06. I think the stock size is 215/55/16, so they should be just under $600 for all 4.

OP
OP
Jens_sedanEX18

Jens_sedanEX18

First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Ex
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I saw someone had gotten the Michelin pilot sport a/s 3+ and said they were good tires. I was also looking at the Continental ones as well. Not sure what brand mine are. I have to check when I get home. Figured that would be the first to be upgraded seeing how they’re stock tires. But who know...

zspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
P215/55R16 and we have a Costco here too but I’m a BJs club member. Just want some good reliable tires that’s all. Didn’t think this was going to be a hard one to knock a home run out of the ballpark.
BJs have some discounts as well depending on which tire brand. I usually would canvass the price from tirerack, costco, bjs. One more thing, if your tire size is not in stock, you need to wait after you order them.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase