Jaimito1904

First Name
Jaime
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Sedan
Country flag
Not sure if the firmware version on my actual Ktuner unit is outdated but if it is, how can I update the firmware?

I am running 1.0.15 on my Ktuner unit and 1.0.9.1 on Ktuner software on my laptop.

I already have the latest software version of Ktuner on my laptop and have connected the Ktuner unit to the laptop and nothing happens.

Reason why I’m eager to update the firmware is so that I can get the tuner view app on my head unit. The instructions say to download the latest software and firmware but I’m having trouble enabling the BT. I’m guessing because I have an outdated firmware version?
Sponsored

kytos

First Name
Marcos
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
CIVIC SPORT 1.5t 2017 EUDM
Country flag
If you have your ktuner connected to the PC and you open the ktuner aplication it will warn you there is a firmware update.

OP
OP

Jaimito1904

First Name
Jaime
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Sedan
Country flag
If you connect to the software and it's not up to date it will tell you. BT options are right on the main menu of the V2.
What is the current firmware version for the v2 Ktuner unit?

I try clicking on enable and also enable adv and nothing happens on the Ktuner unit. It just takes me back to the menu.

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
What is the current firmware version for the v2 Ktuner unit?

I try clicking on enable and also enable adv and nothing happens on the Ktuner unit. It just takes me back to the menu.
That's what it's supposed to do. You chose a setting and it returned to the menu because you completed the choice. It also says to restart the unit after changing that.

http://ktuner.com/KTunerHelp/tunerview_lite.htm

Tedtoth

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 si
Country flag
Not sure if the firmware version on my actual Ktuner unit is outdated but if it is, how can I update the firmware?

I am running 1.0.15 on my Ktuner unit and 1.0.9.1 on Ktuner software on my laptop.

I already have the latest software version of Ktuner on my laptop and have connected the Ktuner unit to the laptop and nothing happens.

Reason why I’m eager to update the firmware is so that I can get the tuner view app on my head unit. The instructions say to download the latest software and firmware but I’m having trouble enabling the BT. I’m guessing because I have an outdated firmware version?
In Ktuner app try Tuning/V2 (Or V1.2) Special Command/Update Firmware. If its grey you're up to date.

WF19

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si sedan Aegean Blue Metallic; 2003 Pontiac Vibe (just sold)
Country flag
In Ktuner app try Tuning/V2 (Or V1.2) Special Command/Update Firmware. If its grey you're up to date.
I'm not even seeing the Update Firmware choice for V1.2, only V2

Tedtoth

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 si
Country flag
I'm not even seeing the Update Firmware choice for V1.2, only V2
Bad advice on my part sorry. I see what you see, firmware update for V2 only. V1.2 had a completely different menu. I can only speculate our friends on here are correct - it auto alerts you when upgrade required for V1.2. I'm on Software app ver 1.0.10.1 Good luck,

WF19

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
That's what it's supposed to do. You chose a setting and it returned to the menu because you completed the choice. It also says to restart the unit after changing that.

http://ktuner.com/KTunerHelp/tunerview_lite.htm
Hi, I updated my Ktuner software to the latest version and also reflashed my Phearable tune and now Tunerview lite no longer works. The app will start up, I'll see the display that I had set up, but after about 5 seconds the app closes. I connected my Ktuner to my laptop, selected Enable BT PIN Advanced in the menu, and followed the rest of the steps in the guide, but I still have the same issue with Tunerview Lite.

I'm a bit confused about this part of the instructions "After it completes" -- how do I know when Enable BT PIN Advanced has completed? I'm not seeing anything happening when I select this choice. :dunno:

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
If in the vehicle the LED will start blinking again to signify it's continuing with operations.

The tune you flash and updating the main KTuner software has no effect on TunerView app operation in any way.

WF19

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
If in the vehicle the LED will start blinking again to signify it's continuing with operations.

The tune you flash and updating the main KTuner software has no effect on TunerView app operation in any way.
Thanks for the reply. How long does it normally take for the Enable BT PIN Advanced to work? What else might be causing my issue?

WF19

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
You can feel free to re-install the app on the head unit, but there are no reports of crashing after 5 seconds, so you have another issue to solve.
Hey, I'm first, yippee! Guess I'll have to check some of my other apps to see if they work. Thanks for the reply.
Sponsored